Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

EHD: Previously activated - Now no longer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Everlast

Everlast

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 03:23 PM

I just plugged my WD 500GB external drive into my 722 for the umpteenth time to offload some programs. To my surprise, I was greeted by a message saying I had to activate my USB drive by calling customer service.

I believe I'm running update 449 and had used the drive as recently as 4-5 days ago.

Having already experienced the unexpected message several weeks ago to Link the drive again, I have this fear that one day, I'm going to be forced to reformat the drive and lose all my saved programming.

I'm about to contact customer service, but am wondering if anyone else has experience this new problem recently.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Everlast

Everlast

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 03:40 PM

Should have thought of this earlier. But resetting the DVR (holding the Power button down for 5 sec) did the trick. The drive is once again recognized.

#3 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 09:15 PM

Should have thought of this earlier. But resetting the DVR (holding the Power button down for 5 sec) did the trick. The drive is once again recognized.

Excellent; thanks for the update.
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

spam firewall