Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

VIP 722 recorded program transfered to dvd

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   froggio

froggio

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:09 AM

Hi,
I have a VIP 722 with Dish Network subscription and I also have a Panasonic DVD recorder. I have recorded a few shows on the Dish DVR hard drive that I'd like to save on a DVD (ram, r, r dl, rw etc) and I connected the DVR to the DVD recorder. I get the image recorded on the disc but no sound. I tried every cable connection possible, RCA, S video, nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   EXTACAMO

EXTACAMO

Godfather

• Registered
  • 316 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:37 AM

Hi,
I have a VIP 722 with Dish Network subscription and I also have a Panasonic DVD recorder. I have recorded a few shows on the Dish DVR hard drive that I'd like to save on a DVD (ram, r, r dl, rw etc) and I connected the DVR to the DVD recorder. I get the image recorded on the disc but no sound. I tried every cable connection possible, RCA, S video, nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

That's strange. I'm doing the same thing with my 622 and it works flawlessly. I use the composite outs of my 622(yellow, red and white) to the composite inputs of my Sony DVD recorder. Then I feed the composite outs of my Sony DVD recorder to a spare composite input of my Sammy DLP. Maybe you have a bad audio cable? Are you using both audio channels or just one? Is there some audio configuration on the Panny DVD recorder that is not set correctly?

#3 OFFLINE   EXTACAMO

EXTACAMO

Godfather

• Registered
  • 316 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:51 AM

One other thing. Does the Panny DVD recorder have a digital tuner? If so it may need to be set to except a line or composite input. Oh, and one other thing :welcome_s

#4 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,553 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 20 May 2008 - 04:33 PM

Hi,

I have a 722 and a Panasonic DVD recorder. I use the 722's TV1 RCA outs with no problem. Not HD with surround sound, but it does work.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#5 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,904 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 20 May 2008 - 04:34 PM

Hi,

Perhaps a dumb question, but are you actually connecting audio cables to your DVD input?

If you are using RCA component... you need 1 cable for video + 2 cables (left and right) for audio. IF using S-video, then you connect the S-video for video + 2 cables (left/right) for audio.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...