Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Black Screen - No Signal - No Lights

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   insimbi

insimbi

AllStar

• Registered
  • 97 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 08:55 AM

Last night while watching American Idol (recorded), it froze up on us. The remote would not work, nothing. I ended up holding down the power button for 5 seconds to reboot the 722. After awhile it came back up just fine.

This morning when I woke, I noticed the receiver had one light on the front that would go on/off. I pressed the front power button to reset it, but it never did anything - there we no lights on the front of the receiver for probably 10 minutes. I ended up unplugging the 722 for about a minute, then plugged in again.

I waited for probably 10 more minutes, then eventually I received the "Acquiring Satellite Signal" message. I am ok now, but are these indications that my receiver is having problems???

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 10:50 AM

Last night while watching American Idol (recorded), it froze up on us. The remote would not work, nothing. I ended up holding down the power button for 5 seconds to reboot the 722. After awhile it came back up just fine.

This morning when I woke, I noticed the receiver had one light on the front that would go on/off. I pressed the front power button to reset it, but it never did anything - there we no lights on the front of the receiver for probably 10 minutes. I ended up unplugging the 722 for about a minute, then plugged in again.

I waited for probably 10 more minutes, then eventually I received the "Acquiring Satellite Signal" message. I am ok now, but are these indications that my receiver is having problems???

Usually, a power cord reset will clear things up. If the behavior occurs again it may indicate a receiver problem.
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#3 OFFLINE   spyz88

spyz88

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 01:27 PM

This is the same exact thing that happened to my ViP722. I still cant comprehend how Dish Network can actually use these units with the poor quality so evident as it is.

#4 OFFLINE   spyz88

spyz88

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 01:28 PM

Just out of curiosity do you have it hooked up via HDMI or component?

#5 OFFLINE   Rob Glasser

Rob Glasser

Hall Of Fame

• Super Moderators
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 05:53 PM

This sounds like it was in the middle of a reboot. The one light, was it green? Also, what time was this? Was it around 3:00am, or have you adjusted your nightly update time? Just trying to figure out if you just happened to witness your nightly update.

Where there any recordings going on at the time? If so what does your schedule history show for that recording?
Rob

DISH Hopper, Hopper w/Sling, & Joey User

#6 OFFLINE   fredinva

fredinva

Legend

• Registered
  • 118 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 06:33 PM

This is the same exact thing that happened to my ViP722. I still cant comprehend how Dish Network can actually use these units with the poor quality so evident as it is.

Not entirely true!!
the bad apples show up on these pages: but for every one that is a problem, there are hundreds that are just fine.

fred

#7 OFFLINE   Thinslice

Thinslice

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 01:43 PM

Not entirely true!!
the bad apples show up on these pages: but for every one that is a problem, there are hundreds that are just fine.

fred

Or they dont get online to see if others are having issues like us. I know my dad wouldn't get on here to see if we are all have the same issues. He'd just call and bitch them out. So its possible that others are having the same issue. I know a buddy of mine has the 722 and he's have a few issues with HDMI with his new Samsung. So I know we aren't the only ones.

#8 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 03:39 PM

I know my dad wouldn't get on here to see if we are all have the same issues. He'd just call and bitch them out.

Yeah, I've found that approach works best when trying to get help. :rolleyes:
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#9 OFFLINE   satgeek550

satgeek550

AllStar

• Registered
  • 86 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 06:17 PM

I think there is seriously something wrong with these stupid things, I am on my third VIP 722 in 4 months, seriously I have go through almost one a month, I havent had to change it out this month YET!! with one day left I wouldn't be surprised, on another note I have dish coming tomorrow to realign my 1000.2 after he flat out refused to climb the same roof that he has climbed multiple times in the past to change out my 500 for the 1000, and the 500 is still there, but tommorrow when he comes I am telling him to move it back where the other one is and give me that dish as I want it for my RV!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...