Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ViP722 HDMI causing reboots

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   spyz88

spyz88

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 01:14 PM

I posted the other day about my ViP722 doing random reboots. Well Dish network came out to look at it and said that my signal is fine, but there is an issue with using an HDMI cable and said he would swap out the box, but he would use the component cables instead and that it shouldnt freeze.

Does this sound like a correct diagnosis?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 01:21 PM

I posted the other day about my ViP722 doing random reboots. Well Dish network came out to look at it and said that my signal is fine, but there is an issue with using an HDMI cable and said he would swap out the box, but he would use the component cables instead and that it shouldnt freeze.

Does this sound like a correct diagnosis?

No. You will, more than likely, get a refurbished unit. From posts here, the refurbs sometimes aren't fully tested before they go back out. Why don't you use component on your present box if HDMI is a problem? You may find that the HDMI isn't the problem at all.
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#3 OFFLINE   spyz88

spyz88

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 01:41 PM

The E* installer told me the ViP722 is a brand new one. Not a refurb. Since im new to E* im not sure if they always lie like with Cablevision. Heres hoping hes not...+

#4 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 02:10 PM

The E* installer told me the ViP722 is a brand new one. Not a refurb. Since im new to E* im not sure if they always lie like with Cablevision. Heres hoping hes not...+

If he told you it would be new, I would believe him. Refurb units are marked as such.
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

Protected By... spam firewall...And...