Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Help ! Constantly losing signal during day

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BrianSLA

BrianSLA

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 03:11 AM

Hi All,

HELP I am constantly losing my signal during the daylight hours. During the night it is usually no problems. Luckily I work long hours during the day but when I DVR stuff ... I keep getting badly taped shows.
During playback on my DVR for daytime taped shows... it loses the signal constantly.

Any ideas? And how big of a fix is it ?

THANKS
Brian

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dishbacker

dishbacker

Godfather

• Registered
  • 429 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 07:09 AM

I had this happen before and replacing the LNB on the dish fixed the issue. If I remember correctly, I wouldn't lose signal on both of my dish boxes... but it sure was annoying none the less.
942 user 1/22/06 L288
622 user 9/30/2006 L365
DPP Twin LNB for 110/119 / DP Dual for 129
Sony 42in LCD RPTV
Pioneer VSX-D810S Receiver

#3 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 08:32 AM

Hi All,

HELP I am constantly losing my signal during the daylight hours. During the night it is usually no problems. Luckily I work long hours during the day but when I DVR stuff ... I keep getting badly taped shows.
During playback on my DVR for daytime taped shows... it loses the signal constantly.

Any ideas? And how big of a fix is it ?

THANKS
Brian

What satellites are you receiving?
Are the channels on a particular satellite?
What dish do you have?
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

Protected By... spam firewall...And...