Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Rearranging TV2 Output

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 07:46 PM

So the wife and I decided that we wanted to get rid of the 311 in the living room and push TV2 to both the upstairs bedroom TV and the living room TV. Problem is, the connection for my upstairs bedroom is outside at the old CATV entry plant and this necessitated putting the 2nd diplexer outside near the dish. I've attached a rough diagram as to how everything's laid out.

I can also mention that there's a 4-way splitter in the basement that fed the other 4 jacks in the house prior to the Dish install that I was planning on using to feed the living room until I realized where the VHF/UHF splitout was.

So, questions: would it be at all possible to add another diplexer in the middle to pop the signal to the living room without disrupting the signal itself, or is there some other piece of hardware I'll need? I would assume the answer to the first question is no because logically, I'll be 'removing' the signal from the line via the diplexer and thus couldn't send it upstream.

Help! :)

Attached Thumbnails

• rasputin.jpg

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 07:58 PM

Quick thought: Could I just drop a splitter into the feed from the 722 prior to it going outside and throwing a diplexer on one of the feet, then put it right into the 4 way splitter?

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#3 OFFLINE   scooper

scooper

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,832 posts
  • LocationYoungsville NC

Posted 22 May 2008 - 08:09 PM

Ok - you SHOULD have a diplexer in the den, the ANT goes to TV2, the SAT side to the seperator, the single to outside. The outside diplexer single should be going to the single in the den. the SAT up to your dish, and the OTA to a splitter. The outputs from the splitter goto the two other TVs.

Other ways - do a splitter out of TV2, one output to the diplexer to feed the living room, the other to feed the bedroom. But you still need 2 diplexers (they are always used in pairs).
You CAN put antennas on your owned and/or controlled property...

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

#4 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 08:21 PM

Ok - you SHOULD have a diplexer in the den, the ANT goes to TV2, the SAT side to the seperator, the single to outside. The outside diplexer single should be going to the single in the den. the SAT up to your dish, and the OTA to a splitter. The outputs from the splitter goto the two other TVs.

Other ways - do a splitter out of TV2, one output to the diplexer to feed the living room, the other to feed the bedroom. But you still need 2 diplexers (they are always used in pairs).

Yeah, there's a diplexer on the den side combining/splitting everything before it feeds back into the wall. I just left it off because I thought it was self explanatory.

So what you're saying with the splitter from TV2 is that I'll need 2 'output' diplexers and 2 'input' diplexers? Or can I slap the 1Ghz splitter on the TV2 behind the wall and use one diplex "out" from the 722 and one diplex "in" on each TV?

#5 OFFLINE   scooper

scooper

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,832 posts
  • LocationYoungsville NC

Posted 22 May 2008 - 09:34 PM

No - you need either a splitter outside going to both LR and BR, OR put a splitter off the TV2, one side to the diplexer, the other to the other room being fed from the den. You do NOT need 2 splitters.
You CAN put antennas on your owned and/or controlled property...

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

#6 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 06:47 AM

OK, I get what you're saying. Since option A is unusable (the living room feed is indoors and the bedroom feed is outdoors), I'll drill a small hole in the baseboard and feed a split TV2 signal upstairs...though I may have enough space left in the network access hole I drilled to be able to push a cable through.

#7 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 08:29 AM

Success! The 311 has now been replaced by the TV2 mirror. Thanks a million!!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...