Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

FCC approval?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   spinner17

spinner17

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 05:05 PM

I know that the DOJ decided against blocking the merger over a month ago, but I haven't heard anything about the FFC having a decision on the merger. I thought that was necessary to go ahead.

They said they'd have an announcement by the end of april, did I miss it or something?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   rbl61

rbl61

AllStar

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 07:19 PM

I know that the DOJ decided against blocking the merger over a month ago, but I haven't heard anything about the FFC having a decision on the merger. I thought that was necessary to go ahead.

They said they'd have an announcement by the end of april, did I miss it or something?

They are still mulling it over. The old fashioned radio corporations - Clear Channel and such - have alot of pull in Washington and would love to see this tied up until Sirius and XM go broke.
hr21-700
sony 50" sxrd
ps3 40g
sirius

#3 OFFLINE   Geronimo

Geronimo

Native American Potentate

• Gold Members
  • 8,295 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:56 PM

according to the Washington Post this weekend a decision may be near---possibly by the end of June.
I never cared for all the signatures that insult posters with other points of view.

#4 OFFLINE   rvd420

rvd420

Legend

• Registered
  • 124 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:26 AM

They are still mulling it over. The old fashioned radio corporations - Clear Channel and such - have alot of pull in Washington and would love to see this tied up until Sirius and XM go broke.

The problem is the FCC needs to find a way around their own rules that prohibit the transfer of licenses between the 2 Sat radio companies.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...