Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

All Series 2 DirecTivos: 6.4a Issues / Discussion

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   mstenbrg

mstenbrg

AllStar

• Registered
  • 94 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:05 AM

What brand/model Tivo do you have? This update is just for Series 2 DirecTV/Tivos.

It is a DVR80. Not sure if it is a series 2. I would like to upgrade it to another HR-20 anyway.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   Paul_PDX

Paul_PDX

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 04:08 PM

Received the update and everything is working fine on my HR10 (way smoother than my recent HR21 updates).

Service label fix probably has to do with the brand logos by the channel numbers in the playlist etc. Occassionally they would diappear for some people (I never saw that issue_

#43 OFFLINE   whitepelican

whitepelican

Godfather

• Registered
  • 291 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 05:12 PM

Question: Can anyone with a SD DirecTivo (w/ 6.4a) verify that they can use the online DVR scheduler? I ask because only my HR10-250 is showing up in the online scheduler and not my SD units.

#44 OFFLINE   tadtam

tadtam

AllStar

• Registered
  • 86 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 05:44 PM

Question: Can anyone with a SD DirecTivo (w/ 6.4a) verify that they can use the online DVR scheduler? I ask because only my HR10-250 is showing up in the online scheduler and not my SD units.

I checked and still says my equipment does not have that ability :nono2:

They will give me a free update to D* DVR which has this ability...

Is it worth it??
“There are 10 kinds of people in this world,
those who know binary and those who don't."

#45 OFFLINE   sacalait

sacalait

Godfather

• Registered
  • 432 posts
  • LocationWest Palm Beach, FL

Posted 30 May 2008 - 05:27 AM

I cannot use the scheduler on a R-10 model. I verified the software and the other features, i.e. the recently deleted folder, but the receiver doesn't show up on my list for online scheduling. Do they need a network connection for this feature to work. If so, I guess I am out of luck because from what I can see, the R-10 doesn't have one.:confused:
SACALAIT

Geaux Saints 2009 Superbowl Champions
LSU Tiger Baseball
National Champs '91, '93, '96, '97, '00, '09

#46 OFFLINE   jal

jal

Icon

• Registered
  • 761 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 05:42 AM

I checked and still says my equipment does not have that ability :nono2:

They will give me a free update to D* DVR which has this ability...

Is it worth it??

Not at all. Stick with the TIVO. I returned my R15 after a few months. Anyway, the scheduling is done over the satellite, so my guess is Directv just has to update its systems for the R10.

#47 OFFLINE   whitepelican

whitepelican

Godfather

• Registered
  • 291 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 07:40 AM

Do they need a network connection for this feature to work. If so, I guess I am out of luck because from what I can see, the R-10 doesn't have one.:confused:

You don't need a network connection to use the scheduler. It works fine for HR2x and HR10-250 units that aren't networked. It seems that even though they are updating the software for the SD DirecTivos to be capable of remote scheduling, that they haven't actually given any of them the permission from DirecTV's end yet.

#48 OFFLINE   newsposter

newsposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 07:45 AM

i'm still confused as to if suggestions or deleted items will be deleted first for space. I currently use suggestions to monitor space
57 inch Hitachi 57F710S
Tivo Premiere
Panasonic E80 Dvd recorder
HR10-250 63 hrs w/DB8 antenna (parts :))
1/2 full Sony T60 (historical value)

#49 OFFLINE   Baconbeard

Baconbeard

Mentor

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 08:39 AM

I forced a call last night, but it did not update the software. I have a Series 2 RCA DVR80.

#50 OFFLINE   JohnDG

JohnDG

Legend

• Registered
  • 200 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:40 AM

i'm still confused as to if suggestions or deleted items will be deleted first for space. I currently use suggestions to monitor space

The best explanation I saw was "nothing has changed."

That is, TiVo has simply giving you access to see deleted programs that have not yet been reclaimed for space when new programs (scheduled or suggestions) are recorded. The deleted programs always go first.

jdg

#51 OFFLINE   dstager

dstager

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 03:47 PM

I think the delay in implementing DVR scheduler for Tivo units is just so people will be lured into the "upgrade for free" area.

#52 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 07:37 PM

Been away for a few days and forced calls on all three of my legacy TiVo receivers, but only the two SD receivers were upgraded to 6.4 - the HD HR10-250 has not been upgraded. On the SD receiver I had months of programs listed in the "Deleted Recordings" folder ...

#53 OFFLINE   bqbauer

bqbauer

Mentor

• Registered
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:21 PM

I forced the update myself, and got the 6.4a update just fine. Just a few notes from my end....

- Had to re-enter Select->Play->Select->30->Select and Select->Play->Select->Pause->Select
- Entering a channel number in the Channel List actually works again
- My Recently Deleted List was at 24 Items
- The order of the Recently Deleted list was when you actually deleted the program. The most recently deleted items at at the top, the oldest deleted item is at the bottom, and subject to be overwritten.
- If you delete an item from the suggested list, then recover it, it will show up in the Now Playing list. Apparently a feature.
- What's this Audio DRC in the Audio Settings? Did I miss that in a previous update?
- Program Clipping defaults to On. I set it to off.
- Still wish I could set my default recording option to start 1 minute early and end 5 minutes late.

I didn't see a reply to this, so if I missed it....

The 30 second skip option must always be re-entered after a reboot.

The channel number entry problem you describe has, for me, always been fixed by a reboot. It's not software specific.

You must have completely skipped 6.3? Audio DRC has been there since 6.3 first came on the scene.

#54 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,838 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 31 May 2008 - 01:33 AM

I didn't see a reply to this, so if I missed it....

The 30 second skip option must always be re-entered after a reboot.

This was expected. Now, if the option was no longer available, I would be disappointed.

The channel number entry problem you describe has, for me, always been fixed by a reboot. It's not software specific.

My box has been rebooted several times. Go figure.

You must have completely skipped 6.3? Audio DRC has been there since 6.3 first came on the scene.

That's the consensus. It probably appeared in a previous upgrade, but nobody noticed before.
"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera
Check out my list of links.

#55 OFFLINE   newsposter

newsposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 10:27 AM

uncalled for reboot today...had a storm with no signal and was going to check the readings but before i could do it, it rebooted
57 inch Hitachi 57F710S
Tivo Premiere

#56 OFFLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,609 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona

Posted 31 May 2008 - 02:50 PM

I still can't schedule to my Philips Series 2

#57 OFFLINE   man_rob

man_rob

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 08:26 AM

I did get the update, on my R10, but still no joy on the scheduler. Any word on when DirecTV will ad them to customer accounts?

#58 OFFLINE   rahchgo

rahchgo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 295 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 02 June 2008 - 11:53 AM

I went to the remote scheduler on the web site this morning to schedule something on my HR20 - 700 and noticed the my HR10-250 was now in the list. That brought me here.

My HR10-250 called home in the early hours of this morning, but is still running 6.3f. I had it call in again and now have the 6.4a version after a restart.

I attempted one scheduled recording (while still on 6.3f) and noticed that the options to record once or series are greyed out. The confirmation message came back that I had scheduled the series.
Rich - Chicago, IL (Tri-Taylor neighborhood) HR44-500

#59 OFFLINE   Jon J

Jon J

Grouch Extrordinaire

• Registered
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationMusic City, USA

Posted 02 June 2008 - 12:25 PM

The HR10-250 will show up on the scheduling site but it won't actually schedule a recording until 6.4 installs.
When news breaks...we fix it.

#60 OFFLINE   newsposter

newsposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 12:38 PM

just realized there was email on tivo saying it recorded my request...interesting..why doesnt hr20 do that?
57 inch Hitachi 57F710S
Tivo Premiere

spam firewall