Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

All Series 2 DirecTivos: 6.4a Issues / Discussion

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#141 OFFLINE   NotOneofYou

NotOneofYou

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 01:17 AM

I called on mine tonight again since after about 1000 daily calls still nothing and they now are telling me they have no way of pushing the update from their end. They of course then wanted me to do a clear and delete and then if that doesn't fix it they would upgrade me to the Directv DVR. Well I passed on that and figure I will just keep blowing up the daily call lines.

The weird thing is I can only seem to get one local number to work but the other machines can connect to the other numbers. It dials but never makes the initial connection so maybe my modem is dying also.

It has 1 phone plug & 2 modems. It can make a pay per view call & no Tivo call because the Tivo modem could be bad. Or visa versa.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#142 OFFLINE   NotOneofYou

NotOneofYou

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 01:20 AM

Yes well I plan to pass too,I'm staying SD for awhile.;)

I would believe DirecTV will get the updates to us when they get them.Since the new agreement between Tivo and DirecTV maybe Tivo is going to add more features to the update.;)

Also mine is now calling successfully so when DirecTV gets the update from Tivo we should see it.:)

Maybe if Stuart comes by he will be nice and check with his sources at DirecTV about the update cause it seems like we should have already gotten it,but like I said this new agreement could have changed everything.;)

I believe there is a modem test in settings.

Yes there is.

Also the actual upgrade comes thru the dish. It is the preparation the happens on the ph call.

#143 OFFLINE   NotOneofYou

NotOneofYou

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 01:26 AM

I've got a problem with an R10 that I re-activated on Sunday noon. It's been in the closet for about 3 years, so it has software version 6.1. That's a problem. I had version 6.1 on the DTivo (40 hr) that this one replaced and I was starting to get all kinds of missed recordings. From what I read here, that's due to the guide format changes from Tribune Company. It says here that the problems will just get worse unless you upgrade to version 6.4a.

I hooked up a phone line and have made several successful phone calls. However, it never gives me the "Pending Restart" and I'm stuck on version 6.1. It's been more than 36 hours since the box was activated and that should have been more than enough time to download 6.4a.

I've spoken to Technical Support twice but they don't seem to have an answer. They just want to replace the box with an R22. I would prefer to stay with the Tivo until I'm forced to change when our locals go to MPEG4. Technical Support says that they see the successful phone calls, so that doesn't appear to be the problem.

Any suggestions?

I love my tivos.

Do two resets thru the menu back to back. When the download is broadcast you will get it.

#144 OFFLINE   Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner

Icon

• Registered
  • 680 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:03 AM

I love my tivos.

Do two resets thru the menu back to back. When the download is broadcast you will get it.

Isn't 6.4a in the stream at all times?
Sony 34" HD-CRT KD34XBR970 and Sceptre 40" LCD
Roku
R22 DVR / HR20-700 HD DVR
DirecTV since 1999
Waco/Temple/Bryan DMA

#145 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:18 AM

Isn't 6.4a in the stream at all times?

You would think if it was that there would not be any problems getting it.:confused:

As reported in post#138 it would seem to be what DirecTV wants you to do.Go with DirecTV's R22.Which you don't think they would say because of the new agreement between Tivo and DirecTV.:confused:

My HR10-250 now has been updating the guide and calling in with no problems.So I contacted DirecTV Tech Support they thought because I did not disable Call Waiting that that was the reason.So now I have Call Waiting disabled,still no 6.4a after I reconnected to DVR service.I also did 2 resets back to back.Anyways my only problem is being on 6.3f I can't use the DVR scheduler even though the card number is listed for my DirecTivo in the DVR scheduler.:confused:

#146 OFFLINE   timmmaaayyy2003

timmmaaayyy2003

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:18 AM

To any with R-10's, try this:

Because it is a DTV box, I believe you can try a forced download after reset. The way you do this is to press the red button on the front and at the first welcome screen press 0 2 4 6 8 and wait to see if a download screen shows up.

I'm not positive, but I think this is how I got mine updated a few months ago.

Good luck!
Phil B.

I guess I picked the wrong week to stop sniffin' glue! :D

My Setup

#147 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:59 AM

To any with R-10's, try this:

Because it is a DTV box, I believe you can try a forced download after reset. The way you do this is to press the red button on the front and at the first welcome screen press 0 2 4 6 8 and wait to see if a download screen shows up.

I'm not positive, but I think this is how I got mine updated a few months ago.

Good luck!

Just for the heck of it thought I'd try that on my HR10-250: no update.

#148 OFFLINE   timmmaaayyy2003

timmmaaayyy2003

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:15 AM

Just for the heck of it thought I'd try that on my HR10-250: no update.

Have you tried looking it up on tivocommunity.com?
Phil B.

I guess I picked the wrong week to stop sniffin' glue! :D

My Setup

#149 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:50 AM

Have you tried looking it up on tivocommunity.com?

Ya I've run across there from time to time not picking up many solutions to this problem.Also googled it and came with what I believe is the need to run software programs.So it's just becoming a pain.:(

#150 OFFLINE   LI-SVT

LI-SVT

Icon

• Registered
  • 646 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 06:18 AM

HR10-250 running 6.4a completely froze up Saturday night. There were heavy storms in the area. The HR10 was recording two shows, one on ch 215 and one on 635. The HR10 reported searching for signal on tuner 1 and tuner 2 due to weather but never recovered. I waited a little more than 10 minutes. During the outage I lost all remote and front panel keys. The signal had actually returned long before the 10 minutes I waited. I verified the return of signal using the HR20 connected to the same TV. Had to pull the plug to reboot.

#151 OFFLINE   msmith

msmith

Icon

• Registered
  • 808 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 06:48 AM

HR10-250 running 6.4a was found to be spontaneously rebooting during heavy rain on Saturday afternoon 10/25. I noticed that it was on (it's usually in standby) and when I tuned I got the DirecTV logo and "just a few more minutes".

It was fine once the rain fade ended.

#152 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 11:34 AM

http://www.dbstalk.c...793#post1877793

:) :sure: ;) :D

Protected By... spam firewall...And...