Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

TV2 picture quality on LCD TV???

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   TNVOL1111

TNVOL1111

AllStar

• Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:09 AM

I have two 622 receivers with both of them having TV2 outputs to older 20" CRT TV's in bedrooms. The CRT's take up space on dressers so I would like to consider getting a 27-32" LCD TV's for these two bedrooms in order to view the TV2 output from the 622 receivers. It will be very difficult to run "S" video or Composite Video along with analog audio wires to the TV2 room. So I am left with RG6 runs from the 622 receivers into the TV2 location.

So does anyone have experience on a LCD TV up to 32" size and its quality of picture when being used in the TV2 location?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jrb03

jrb03

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:35 AM

I just installed our 722 last night. It is replacing the 522 that served our bedroom and our daughters bedroom. My daughter has a 32" lcd in her room, and the picture looks the same as it did on the 522. I am using the same RG6 cable that the 522 modulated with.

The only options I have on the 722 for TV2 are the RG6 modulated, and composite RCA cables. No HDMI, component, or s-video. Does the 622 offer any of these for TV2? I dont think the picture quaility will make much of a difference at all between the RG6 and composite RCA, so if those are your only options as well dont bother.

And back to your question, my daughter had a crt before we put the lcd in her room. I dont think it looked any better or worse than the lcd does. You can leave it up to the kids if they like the standard picture, stretched, or zoom. My daughter likes it stretched to fill up the screen.

#3 OFFLINE   TNVOL1111

TNVOL1111

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 03:58 PM

I just installed our 722 last night. It is replacing the 522 that served our bedroom and our daughters bedroom. My daughter has a 32" lcd in her room, and the picture looks the same as it did on the 522. I am using the same RG6 cable that the 522 modulated with.

The only options I have on the 722 for TV2 are the RG6 modulated, and composite RCA cables. No HDMI, component, or s-video. Does the 622 offer any of these for TV2? I dont think the picture quaility will make much of a difference at all between the RG6 and composite RCA, so if those are your only options as well dont bother.

And back to your question, my daughter had a crt before we put the lcd in her room. I dont think it looked any better or worse than the lcd does. You can leave it up to the kids if they like the standard picture, stretched, or zoom. My daughter likes it stretched to fill up the screen.

I think you are right in that the only options are RG6 vs Composite Video. But since LCD's are designed for HD video then was wondering if an older CRT TV might even have better SD video picture when sent out over RG6 cable compared to a 720p LCD at 32". I just didn't want to buy a nicer LCD and then have a worse picture on TV2 viewing.

#4 OFFLINE   ChuckA

ChuckA

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 04:27 PM

LCD looks fine for my TV2.
Receivers: ViP622 (dual mode), ViP722k (single mode), 311
Dish 1000
America's "Everything" Pack & HD
TV1: SONY 55" KDF-55WF655; HDMI & Components connections
OTA Antenna in attic
PocketDish AV700E

#5 OFFLINE   fredinva

fredinva

Legend

• Registered
  • 118 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 05:43 AM

I have a 30" Sony in my bedroom hooked up for tv2 off my 622.
The sd picture is fine, (but it's a Sony!)

But' I'm usually watching HD off my antenna!!! (Letterman)

fred

Protected By... spam firewall...And...