Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

612 for 2 TV's

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bbeanpin

bbeanpin

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 03:46 PM

Can I run 2 TV's of a 612? I know that both TV's would see the same channel I don't really care about that. I want to use 2 612's, one in a bedroom one in the living room, but want HD access from both 612's in both rooms. I found a place for cheap HDMI and Component cables of the right length I would feed the close TV by HDMI and the TV in the other room by Component. Also can you now hook 612's to your broadband internent connection? (I don't have a land line and don't want the fee) And are the 612 remotes IR or UHF?

Thank and sorry for rambling on.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Ken Green

Ken Green

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 04:52 PM

Can I run 2 TV's of a 612? I know that both TV's would see the same channel I don't really care about that. I want to use 2 612's, one in a bedroom one in the living room, but want HD access from both 612's in both rooms. I found a place for cheap HDMI and Component cables of the right length I would feed the close TV by HDMI and the TV in the other room by Component. Also can you now hook 612's to your broadband internent connection? (I don't have a land line and don't want the fee) And are the 612 remotes IR or UHF?

Thank and sorry for rambling on.

Both the HDMI and Component outputs are hot.
Remote is both, IR/UHF. It's the Pro 6.3. It comes set default to UHF. If your question is regarding getting a second remote, you can get either a 6.3 IR/UHF or a 5.3 IR.
ViP722 - ViP622² - ViP612 - ViP211 - 510
Slingbox SOLO
Dish 1000+ 110/118/119/129 - HD Locals/118w - DPP44²
EHDD - 750g/500g - Broadband via HomePlug
Sony 51" HDRPTV² - Dell 23" HD LCD - Sharp Aquos 17" HD LCD
OTA - Winegard HD9095P - 55 miles

#3 OFFLINE   bbeanpin

bbeanpin

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 07:33 PM

Thanks, that is what I thought but the CSR couldn't put my mind at ease. Just wanted some thoughts from the true CSR's here.

#4 OFFLINE   slick1ru2

slick1ru2

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:03 PM

You may want to do some research on the 621 and the HDMI output. I have read on another forum that when using the HDMI output it locks up a few times a day and has to be rebooted. I have had one about 2 weeks and am hooked up via the components. I have not tried the HDMI, but I may since I want a sound bar and the ones I am looking at have HDMI in. Dish has acknowledged the problem, allegedly, to those complaining and the engineers are supposed to be working on it. I don't know if its been fixed or not.

#5 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:19 PM

You may want to do some research on the 621 and the HDMI output. I have read on another forum that when using the HDMI output it locks up a few times a day and has to be rebooted. I have had one about 2 weeks and am hooked up via the components. I have not tried the HDMI, but I may since I want a sound bar and the ones I am looking at have HDMI in. Dish has acknowledged the problem, allegedly, to those complaining and the engineers are supposed to be working on it. I don't know if its been fixed or not.

:welcome_s slick1ru2!
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#6 OFFLINE   bbeanpin

bbeanpin

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 07:21 AM

If there may be a problem with the HDMI on a 612 then the next question would be are all the out puts on the 622/722 active at the same time? If the 622/722 are in single mode then they could be hooked up the same way as mentioned above and get PIP right?

#7 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 08:06 AM

If there may be a problem with the HDMI on a 612 then the next question would be are all the out puts on the 622/722 active at the same time? If the 622/722 are in single mode then they could be hooked up the same way as mentioned above and get PIP right?

Yes.
Yes.
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

spam firewall