Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Former Tivo User; New to Dish Network

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   doogie21

doogie21

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:00 PM

Hello all,

I am fairly new to E* so please bear with me. I have searched the forums and have not found a definitive answer to my questions.

I recently switched to dish and have a new 722 that I love. With that being said when I switched to E* I gave up my Tivo service.

As much as I like my new DVR there are a couple of things that I truly miss about Tivo.

I know that E* is supposed to have online scheduling available in the near future for networked receivers. Does anyone have any idea on a timetable for this to begin being available??

Does E* ever have plans to allow networked recievers to transfer recorded programming to a computer so that it can be burned to a DVD for personal use?
(This makes roadtrips much more enjoyable for myself and my children)

Thanks in advance for the replies!!

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Ken Green

Ken Green

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:38 PM

I know that E* is supposed to have online scheduling available in the near future for networked receivers. Does anyone have any idea on a timetable for this to begin being available??

Does E* ever have plans to allow networked recievers to transfer recorded programming to a computer so that it can be burned to a DVD for personal use?

No timetable for when web scheduling will become available. :nono2:

Other than via a PocketDish, there has been no information of this becoming a feature. The issue being copyright protection. Once burned, there is no assurance it will only be for personal use.
If you're interested, you can look at the Archos WiFi PocketDish HERE or HERE

:welcome_s :)
ViP722 - ViP622² - ViP612 - ViP211 - 510
Slingbox SOLO
Dish 1000+ 110/118/119/129 - HD Locals/118w - DPP44²
EHDD - 750g/500g - Broadband via HomePlug
Sony 51" HDRPTV² - Dell 23" HD LCD - Sharp Aquos 17" HD LCD
OTA - Winegard HD9095P - 55 miles

#3 OFFLINE   fredinva

fredinva

Legend

• Registered
  • 118 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 05:28 AM

(This makes roadtrips much more enjoyable for myself and my children)

Thanks in advance for the replies!!

You want DVD's for the road.
Just get a DVD Recorder and burn 'em in real time.

fred

#4 OFFLINE   liverman

liverman

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 05:29 PM

You want DVD's for the road.
Just get a DVD Recorder and burn 'em in real time.

fred

I burn 'em overnight or while I'm at work. That way "real time" is not so "real" (to me). :)

I've got a collection of almost 600 DVDs that way - take 'em on road trips, plane trips or watch 'em on a cloudy Sunday afternoon.

Greg

#5 OFFLINE   DustoMan

DustoMan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 317 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:43 PM

DISH was demoing DLNA streaming at CES, but never spoke about it. :(
Dusto
dustoman at gmail dot com

Echostar customer since longer then I can remember.
SlingLOADED VIP922 on 1080p Panasonic HDTV
VIP222 on Windows 7 Pro PC

#6 OFFLINE   doogie21

doogie21

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 04:51 PM

Thanks everyone for the replies.

I was just hoping that sometime they would allow transfers to a computer. I usually edit the commercials out of the shows and make it loop and autoplay. (Don't have to try to FF through commercials or restart the DVD while going down the road)

Guess I will be purchasing a DVD burner in the near future!!

Thanks again for the replies

#7 OFFLINE   MikeHou

MikeHou

AllStar

• Registered
  • 94 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 02:09 PM

Thanks everyone for the replies.

I was just hoping that sometime they would allow transfers to a computer. I usually edit the commercials out of the shows and make it loop and autoplay. (Don't have to try to FF through commercials or restart the DVD while going down the road)

Note to self: bypass Kansas on next road trip north. :nono:

Protected By... spam firewall...And...