Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ViP612 HDMI signal problem? Try turning TV on first

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jimal

Jimal

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 09:10 AM

I'm sure other people already know this, but I think I might have figured out something with the ViP612 HDMI connectivity issue.

I'm having the well-documented loss of HDMI signal issue with my ViP612, and in fact I'm now on my second box that has the same problem. I'm to the point that every time I turn on the new box (installed 5/29) I have the No Signal issue.

HOWEVER, since I started turning on my TV before turning the 612, I haven't had a HDMI signal loss issue. Can anyone confirm that this works for them, or am I just the recepient of some dumb luck?

Thanks,
Jimal

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   langlin

langlin

Godfather

• Registered
  • 369 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 02:07 PM

Doesn't work for me.
Sending pictures through the air is impossible, Television will never work!

Leon
Dish VIP722K
SW L6.62 Sat 1000 and 500 61.5/110/119/129
AbsoluteHD
Monitor Toshiba TW65x81 Component and Samsung HL-T7288W
Other Dish VIP612 SW L6.09

#3 OFFLINE   Jimal

Jimal

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 04:56 PM

Didn't work for me the last time I powered up either. Guess its back to the drawing board for Dish. Get to it...:D

#4 OFFLINE   garywiley

garywiley

Mentor

• Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:32 PM

It works very infrequently for me.

Gary

#5 OFFLINE   jkramer5

jkramer5

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 10:32 PM

Since my HDMI port literally broke, meaning the solder joints failed
(verified by the "wiggle test", this wouldn't have worked.

#6 OFFLINE   shortspark

shortspark

Legend

• Registered
  • 187 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 06:32 AM

I always follow these steps in order and have never had a problem in a year and a half - turn power to 622 first, turn on my Onkyo receiver, and the last thing I do is turn on my projector. For shut down, I do the reserve. I have hdmi from the 622 to the Onkyo and hdmi from the Onkyo to the projector.

#7 OFFLINE   Thinslice

Thinslice

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 01:07 PM

I'm sure other people already know this, but I think I might have figured out something with the ViP612 HDMI connectivity issue.

I'm having the well-documented loss of HDMI signal issue with my ViP612, and in fact I'm now on my second box that has the same problem. I'm to the point that every time I turn on the new box (installed 5/29) I have the No Signal issue.

HOWEVER, since I started turning on my TV before turning the 612, I haven't had a HDMI signal loss issue. Can anyone confirm that this works for them, or am I just the recepient of some dumb luck?

Thanks,
Jimal

Humm very interesting, I'll have to try this tonight when I get home.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...