Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

more FSN WISCONSIN CRAP..642..

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bjlc

bjlc

Icon

• Registered
  • 980 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 08:02 AM

So yesterday, being it was my kids birthday, we went out to lunch at Famous Daves' in La Crosse. I noticed that the TV had the Brewer game on from last night. On Charther cable..Just like the Twin's games are repeated. BUT WE DON'T GET THEM ON DIRECTV.

and we can't watch the Twin's repeats. meaning that we get NOTHING on this channel for a good portion of the day. A channel that I am paying for. and am told in the DIRECTV Ad's that YOU GET YOUR SPORTS TEAMS...

Directv either stop lying or give us what we are paying for. either that, or discount our bills to reflect a channel that we are paying for, yet not receiving on a consistant basis.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   schlar01

schlar01

Godfather

• Registered
  • 335 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 08:16 AM

I believe this is a MLB problem, not directv. I live in Holmen and can't watch the Twins replays, even though I have the MLB package. For whatever STUPID reason, MLB has rules against rebroadcasting games, even if they are from years ago. I'm not sure why it would be different for Charter. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe its MLB.

#3 OFFLINE   bjlc

bjlc

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 980 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 03:09 PM

but in the situation I am in, I get NEITHER. so I get the Brewers if they are on live, but no Twins. and then, I get no repeat. I get a blank channel. for hours and hours.

#4 OFFLINE   say-what

say-what

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,687 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 03 June 2008 - 03:40 PM

642 and 642-1 appear to be game only channels based on the DirecTV guide listing. So, if you're getting the games live in your region, you're getting what you're supposed to get based on what DirecTV appears to carry.

Besides, your RSN's are included in your base, you don't pay extra for them.

Maybe once D11 is up, they'll add the full version of the channel, but for now, many of the additional RSN's are game only.

#5 OFFLINE   aa9vi

aa9vi

Godfather

• Registered
  • 310 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 03:43 PM

Do either of you get FSN North any time of the day? FSN WISC is a part time satellite feed that some cable companies combine with FSN North for other non Wisc sports parts of the day from what I understand.

#6 OFFLINE   schlar01

schlar01

Godfather

• Registered
  • 335 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 03:44 PM

FSN WI shows the Brewers games live and FSN North is on all the time, but the Twins games won't be shown at any point in time unless you have MLB EI.

The La Crosse area should really be a home area for the Twins, since its right across the border and there are just as many fans of both teams.

#7 OFFLINE   aa9vi

aa9vi

Godfather

• Registered
  • 310 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 03:52 PM

So, for LaCrosse you should get

FSN North (Ch. 641/2)
# Brewers (HD Available)
# Milwaukee Bucks (HD Available)
# Minnesota Lynx
# Minnesota Wild (HD Available)

It's not designated a Twins market according to the search engine.

So, you all get what you're supposed to.... DirecTV isn't screwing anyone. You get mostly FSN North on 641 with the fill-ins of FSN WI on 642 whenever they (Bucks, Brewers, Badgers, etc) play as I suspected. So, what's the problem? You DO get your local teams. You have to switch to 642 to watch them. After the postgame, the channel goes silent and you have to tune to 641 for normal RSN programming. Would it make more sense to the average consumer if FSN WI did this on a 24 hr. satellite feed so you don't have to change channels? Absolutely. Call or email them.

The replayed games? Well, that's a good question though.

#8 OFFLINE   DiSH Defector

DiSH Defector

Legend

• Registered
  • 109 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 04:15 PM

Maybe once D11 is up, they'll add the full version of the channel, but for now, many of the additional RSN's are game only.

From my understanding, FSN-WI wouldn't ever be a "fulltime" channel, since it's a subfeed of FSN North. It's the same channel but since it covers a large region, the coverage of live games would vary based on where you live.

I get the same arrangement here in Colorado. On FSN Rocky Mtn (the main RSN) I get feeds for Denver area pro teams. People living in Utah also get FSN RM but they get the Utah-based teams. So when a Rockies game is being broadcast at the same time as a Jazz game, I watch FSN RM and the Utah person watches a subfeed called FSN Utah.

The subfeeds only exist for game content otherwise they are the exact same channel.
HR21-700 w/ HDMI to Vizio 42" 1080p LCD
HR21-700 w/ HDMI to Vizio 26" 1080i LCD
Linksys 80211N Wireless Router
Linksys WGA600N Wireless Gaming Adapter for DOD & MRV
DOD/MRV & MediaShare w/ WMP11 & Vista Home Premium working just fine.
R15-300 w/ S-Video & RCA Audio

I do not give out proprietary information. All opinions expressed within this forum or in PM are exclusively mine and are not necessarily the opinions of any satellite provider.

#9 OFFLINE   schlar01

schlar01

Godfather

• Registered
  • 335 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 08:08 AM

So, for LaCrosse you should get

FSN North (Ch. 641/2)
# Brewers (HD Available)
# Milwaukee Bucks (HD Available)
# Minnesota Lynx
# Minnesota Wild (HD Available)

It's not designated a Twins market according to the search engine.

So, you all get what you're supposed to.... DirecTV isn't screwing anyone. You get mostly FSN North on 641 with the fill-ins of FSN WI on 642 whenever they (Bucks, Brewers, Badgers, etc) play as I suspected. So, what's the problem? You DO get your local teams. You have to switch to 642 to watch them. After the postgame, the channel goes silent and you have to tune to 641 for normal RSN programming. Would it make more sense to the average consumer if FSN WI did this on a 24 hr. satellite feed so you don't have to change channels? Absolutely. Call or email them.

The replayed games? Well, that's a good question though.

The one thing that does suck with D* is that Charter doesn't block anything out, so you'll get replays of whatever as long as its on the channel. So there is a difference with D* for whatever reason.

#10 OFFLINE   bjlc

bjlc

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 980 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 08:20 AM

it depends where you live.. Trempleau county, gets Both Brewers and Twins, so does Eau Claire..
LaCrescent, is less then 100 yards across a very little channel, Gets both Twins and Brewers..

I was told BY THE TWINS, that LaCrosse is A TWINS MARKET. and should be a duel market.

and FSN north told me that, YES FSN WISCONSIN is a separate channel that gets MARQUETTE GAMES, and other stuff, but that DIRECTV Doesn't want to pay for the whole channel.

So NO, I am not getting what I pay for. and there is no defending Directv on this either.

and what I don't understand, is why anyone would defend them. why wouldn't you want someone to get FULL value for what they pay for? You absolutely know that others are getting multiple sports channels as their "sports channel" and sports teams, why say that No, You are getting "what you deserve.."

and again in the area where I live, Charter gives both Twins and Brewers plus the Wisconsin FSN feed, and the FSN NORTH FEED. so do the two competing phone companies on both sides of the river.

why wouldn't you want someone to get all that they can get? Jealousy can be the only answer. or just an attitude of "I GOT MINE, SCREW YOU"...

#11 OFFLINE   aa9vi

aa9vi

Godfather

• Registered
  • 310 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 09:12 AM

I suspect that the cable companies are bending the MLB market/blackout rules.

MLB blackout rules are assinine. Is LaCrosse in a multi-market area? According to the map on the site below, it doesn't look like it. It looks like Eau Claire/Chippewa Falls are in the MIL/MIN market and you are in just a MIL market. Correct me if I am reading the map wrong.
http://sports.yahoo....=yhoo&type=lgns

Also see:
http://stategis.blog...ackout-map.html

Both links contain a map of MLB markets. So, Charter is bending/breaking the rules by showing Twins games in LaCrosse. Some companies choose to obey the rules, others don't care and likely won't get caught because there is no strict enforcement of the blackout rules.

#12 OFFLINE   say-what

say-what

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,687 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 04 June 2008 - 09:26 AM

I suspect that the cable companies are bending the MLB market/blackout rules.

I don't suspect this, I'm pretty sure of it. Here, FSSW is the default RSN. Cox cable never blacks out anything, if it's on the feed, they send it through. DirecTV, in the other hand, blacks out those games we're not supposed to get, since FSSW serves more than one NBA/MLB/NHL market. I've checked with my brother several times in the past to see if he's getting games that should be blacked out and everytime he was. Sucks. I hate FSSW too, it's all Texas teams and I'm in Louisiana. :)

#13 OFFLINE   bjlc

bjlc

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 980 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 11:01 AM

again, I called the Twins. Yes, LaCrosse area IS THEIR MARKET. and other counties to both the south and the north get the TWINS.

and in my area, the state divide is a 100 yards of water, going east and west. maybe even less.

and no, its not the "main channel " in downtown LaCrosse. its the old, original river channel. the "west channel"...

the bottom line is that Directv out and out LIES in their advertising. It's the same with your Nascar subscription. when do you think drivers talk to their pits? at 200 mph or at 50 mph and during a commercial ? probably at 50

Directv, you are supposed to be monitoring this site.. GIVE US WHAT WE PAY FOR.

and stop the lies.

#14 OFFLINE   schlar01

schlar01

Godfather

• Registered
  • 335 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 11:36 AM

People aren't lying to you, just telling you what they believe is happening.

You may have been told that by the Twins but everything I've previously heard/read says differently. I had Charter in La Crosse before switching and never got the Twins. FSN broadcast the Brewers games and not the Twins when I had it. I'm pretty sure La Crosse is NOT considered a home area for the Twins. I lived here for 6 years with Charter and never got the Twins games.

Again, live games were never shown when I had Charter. The only time I ever saw them was when they played the Brewers. I don't recall seeing any replays but I don't think anything like that was blacked out, either. That is really the only difference I can think of.

It sucks, I wish they did show them, it would save me $$$. I don't know why Eau Claire and other areas are but not La Crosse.

#15 OFFLINE   bjlc

bjlc

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 980 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 05:53 PM

well five years ago, and all the time that I was with charter for 13 years, we got the Twins. that's only for 13 years. every year. if the Brewers weren't on the Twins were.

and like I said, Charter gets the full FSN- Wisconsin. Including Marquette and at the time some Badger stuff.

and When I called FSN North, the guy admitted, YEP, they get both the Twins and Brewers.

#16 OFFLINE   scott72

scott72

Icon

• Registered
  • 539 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:41 AM

From my understanding, FSN-WI wouldn't ever be a "fulltime" channel, since it's a subfeed of FSN North. It's the same channel but since it covers a large region, the coverage of live games would vary based on where you live.

I get the same arrangement here in Colorado. On FSN Rocky Mtn (the main RSN) I get feeds for Denver area pro teams. People living in Utah also get FSN RM but they get the Utah-based teams. So when a Rockies game is being broadcast at the same time as a Jazz game, I watch FSN RM and the Utah person watches a subfeed called FSN Utah.

The subfeeds only exist for game content otherwise they are the exact same channel.

This exactly how FSN Wis works, except they have the territories all messed up. People that should get Brewer games don't, and are forced to buy the EI package to see a team they're in the market of.

#17 OFFLINE   scott72

scott72

Icon

• Registered
  • 539 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:47 AM

People aren't lying to you, just telling you what they believe is happening.

You may have been told that by the Twins but everything I've previously heard/read says differently. I had Charter in La Crosse before switching and never got the Twins. FSN broadcast the Brewers games and not the Twins when I had it. I'm pretty sure La Crosse is NOT considered a home area for the Twins. I lived here for 6 years with Charter and never got the Twins games.

Again, live games were never shown when I had Charter. The only time I ever saw them was when they played the Brewers. I don't recall seeing any replays but I don't think anything like that was blacked out, either. That is really the only difference I can think of.

It sucks, I wish they did show them, it would save me $$$. I don't know why Eau Claire and other areas are but not La Crosse.

It's the same reason people east of me (I'm in NE Iowa) get Brewer games in the clear, and people west of me get Brewer games in the clear, but I can't without the EI package. Explain that one?

#18 OFFLINE   bjlc

bjlc

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 980 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 01:10 PM

look out scott for the Directv defenders..

See, we must be wrong, have the wrong address, or have lived a bad life somewhere.

it just can't be that Directv lies, and lies on a daily basis..

Oh No.. Its that we are just wrong. even though to the north and south and east and west and county or state line, it doesn't matter, those people deserve to get what they get, but we are

BAD..

just plain bad.

and wrong.

and every other excuse that I have heard here in the past five years.

and that Directv is always right. no matter if they are completely and totally wrong, they are always right.

just remember that when you go to sleep tonight.

I am surprised that certain posters have not swooped down from the sky to defend the Directv realm..

shocked..

but when the county to the north south east and west of you get both feeds and you and I don't .. remember its because we are bad..

#19 OFFLINE   LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,290 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 02:41 PM

look out scott for the Directv defenders..

See, we must be wrong, have the wrong address, or have lived a bad life somewhere.

it just can't be that Directv lies, and lies on a daily basis..

Oh No.. Its that we are just wrong. even though to the north and south and east and west and county or state line, it doesn't matter, those people deserve to get what they get, but we are

BAD..

just plain bad.

and wrong.

and every other excuse that I have heard here in the past five years.

and that Directv is always right. no matter if they are completely and totally wrong, they are always right.

just remember that when you go to sleep tonight.

I am surprised that certain posters have not swooped down from the sky to defend the Directv realm..

shocked..

but when the county to the north south east and west of you get both feeds and you and I don't .. remember its because we are bad..

If I felt as you do, angry enough to refer to DirecTV as liars then I would be angry enough to switch. Go with cable. You obviously feel DirecTV is guilty of fraud so do one of 2 things: get your self a lawyer and prove DirecTV is a guilty of fraud in a court of law and get some big bucks or quit being their customer and take you business elsewhere.

You are real good at targeting DirecTV's defenders.. so take the next logical step and PROVE you are right and everyone else including a multi billion dollar corporation with teams of attorneys making sure that things are done properly or corrected when they are wrong.
Larry R. Flowers
Winder (Atlanta) GA
Twitter @larryflowers
HR20-700 HR23-700 H24-100
1st DirecTV Receiver Install Nov 1994
i'm a PC Guy

#20 OFFLINE   bjlc

bjlc

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 980 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 08:23 PM

see what I mean.

its not that Directv must be wrong in some way. or that their ads are totally misleading, to the point of false advertising.

but, like the person complaining about Nascar, saying that he isn't getting what is promised to him, if you have a legit complaint, well then YOU SHOULD LEAVE.

not hey, wait a minute, Directv gives this programing all around you, and its in black and white that you should be getting this programing. that maybe we should rally around you, Da** the man, type of attitude..

its hey, a legit complaint and you are mad, Go somewhere else.

now that's what I call true forum support.

hey thanks.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...