Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

more FSN WISCONSIN CRAP..642..

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   Unknown

Unknown

Godfather

• Registered
  • 353 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 06:03 PM

this noon time, Directv was running the repeat of the twins game last night.. Now , MLB is supposed to be 'free " right now..

well guess what, Program not available in your area. No game.

right.

I wouldn't get this even IF I subscribed to E.I.

for a team less then 150 miles away.. maybe only 125 miles away..

the free preview only apply to games that are live. so you will be blackout of games that are repeat. so this afternoon game from yeterday will be blackout. that how it work.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   bjlc

bjlc

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 980 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 11:12 AM

So did you get her name??? I would call everyday and ask for her and see how things are going. EVERYDAY!!!!!!!!! Plead your case. Give her name to the Twins and let them know you have been talking to the MLB offices. But bjlc it needs to a constant push on your side.

I told you a year ago to give me your zip and I would would call and push on your case also. I will help you, for your sanity and for the sanity of a few of us on this board.

I want you to see the Twins, there playing good Baseball this year.

So I posted the Zip code.. I am awaiting your follow up.

#83 OFFLINE   bjlc

bjlc

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 980 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 07:28 AM

last nights game.. clearly the announcers said that they were on FSN WISCONSIN but No game on the channel. AGAIN.

said it at least twice, as I only caught the ninth inning. BUT said FSN WISCONSIN.

Thank's directv , you make me able to find my team all the time.

NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#84 OFFLINE   chdoud

chdoud

Legend

• Registered
  • 120 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 07:36 AM

last nights game.. clearly the announcers said that they were on FSN WISCONSIN but No game on the channel. AGAIN.

said it at least twice, as I only caught the ninth inning. BUT said FSN WISCONSIN.

NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last nights game was on WMLV. They told us that on Friday night.

-------------------------------------
Genie HR44 --> Sony 46" KDL XBR4 (HDMI)
HR21-200 --> Westinghouse LTV 27w6 (HDMI)
Simline Dish
D* since 1996

#85 OFFLINE   teebeebee1

teebeebee1

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 10:37 AM

Clearly you've lost this battle, enough of your ranting

#86 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 02:18 PM

Well, nothing is going to change until the Twins contact the MLB offices and get the MLB to update their market maps and zip codes and then forward those changes on to DirecTV. Until that happens nothing will change on DirecTV's end and bjlc will be unable to see the Twins.

#87 OFFLINE   vollmey

vollmey

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 08:17 AM

So I posted the Zip code.. I am awaiting your follow up.

FSN, personally I think is the problem, it could be Direct TV but I don't think it's MLB this time. Why? because in the Tulsa area as I have found out the Cardinals are blacked out no matter what unless you have the Sportspack, does not matter if you have MLBEI or not. I found out about this through co-worker who Direct TV and only signed up for the basic base package and MLBEI. He was asking me why he can't get any of the Cardinal home games, of course I have the Premier package so I never noticed no Cardinal games.

Now why Direct TV is making you sub to the Sportspack even though you have MLBEI is the question.

I can't remember bjlc, do you have the Sportspack??

So, I have talked to the Chase Carey's office and FSN ( FSN is a chore).

Here is what I think is happening. Here in Tulsa and in LaCrosse the local cable company has availability somehow to the out of market FSN. I don't know what your local FSN is bljc, but we get FSNSW and the Cardinals are on FSNMW. FSN, has got to be telling Direct TV that customers that want to get the Twins or the Cardinals in my case, need to sub to the Sportspack because the local cable company is carrying the out of market FSN on there network. MLBEI is not enough to get your team, even if the MLB map shows your area team as a local team.

What gets me is FSN seems to be doing this. Everybody blames everyone else, so it's hard to tell. I can tell you this, it's not MLB.

I've been out of town since Thursday of last week, so I have not been on them since them. But, don't worry bjlc I see your point of view. Something is wrong!!!

Posted this kind of quick, so if it is a bit fragmented, sorry.
Dave

#88 OFFLINE   bjlc

bjlc

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 980 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 07:59 PM

well if you have cable.. FSN Wisconsin is showing past Brewer games..

But not if you have Directv.. We get Twins games.. BUT THEY ARE BLACKED OUT.. even though they were played who knows how long ago..

why can't we get the FULL FSN WISCONSIN..

#89 OFFLINE   bjlc

bjlc

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 980 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:27 PM

well kids, I just got off the phone with FSN North again tonight..

Well we are not going to get both teams again this year..

Surprise, Surprise, Surprise.

its the same crap, different day..

if you live north of me, YOU GET BOTH TEAMS.. if You leave west of me, that's right WEST OF ME, you get BOTH TEAMS.. IF YOU live South of me, YOU GET BOTH TEAMS AND MORE.

but if you live in LaCrosse county, You don't..

its not like I am asking them to remove one for the other.. Just do what you do every where else and give US BOTH TEAMS..

How hard can that possibly be.. and what would you lose if you offered BOTH LIKE CABLE DOES..

#90 OFFLINE   scott72

scott72

Icon

• Registered
  • 539 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 11:05 AM

For some reason FSN Wisconsin is not simulcasting the game from WMLV. Why not? Now I can't watch the game. Not happy at all..:mad:

#91 OFFLINE   Unknown

Unknown

Godfather

• Registered
  • 353 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 11:18 AM

For some reason FSN Wisconsin is not simulcasting the game from WMLV. Why not? Now I can't watch the game. Not happy at all..:mad:

do you have the sports pack. check channel 652. it on there.

you may be blackout of the 652 feed, as Fox has these stupids rules.

#92 OFFLINE   scott72

scott72

Icon

• Registered
  • 539 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 11:29 AM

do you have the sports pack. check channel 652. it on there.

you may be blackout of the 652 feed, as Fox has these stupids rules.

I don't need the SportPack. FSN Wis is my home RSN, so I wouldn't be able to watch is on FSN Midwest anyhow. They should be simulcasting the game from the local OTA broadcast to FSN Wis like they always have.

#93 OFFLINE   scott72

scott72

Icon

• Registered
  • 539 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 11:31 AM

Nevermind I found it on some RSA alternate channel. No idea why it's there, but it is.

#94 OFFLINE   bjlc

bjlc

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 980 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 06:33 PM

what I like is how others "run to D*'s defense.." because we are always wrong and D* is always right..

I spoke to the guy from the Brewers for 25 minutes yesterday. He out and out told me that the MLB map is archaic and is more then out of date..

I asked him if LaCrosse county was the Mystery spot in the universe that couldn't possibly have more then one baseball team at a time. and He agreed with me but said that the owners never actually did anything about this map even though its been talked about. and its still total BULL SHIRT. its the same with FSN Wisconsin. We can't "have FSN WISCONSIN" because it too similar to FSN Minnesota, but we can't see the Twins games or the Twins replays, so basically We pay for a channel that we can not get 70% of the time during the summer. and no there is no "alternative channel " when the Twins are on but the Brewers are not. so basically if you have sports channel some where else you Do get your whole channel. But not here.. Not in LaCrosse..

its the "dead zone of the UNIVERSE"... and a special place that doesn't exist in D* s mind..

#95 OFFLINE   dubber deux

dubber deux

Icon

• Banned User
  • 716 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 07:06 PM

what I like is how others "run to D*'s defense.." because we are always wrong and D* is always right..

its the "dead zone of the UNIVERSE"... and a special place that doesn't exist in D* s mind..

Actually the D* appoligists are doing you a favor since in my view a defensive reaction denotes a "known problem" :lol:

#96 OFFLINE   teebeebee1

teebeebee1

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 11:51 PM

look out scott for the Directv defenders..

See, we must be wrong, have the wrong address, or have lived a bad life somewhere.

it just can't be that Directv lies, and lies on a daily basis..

Oh No.. Its that we are just wrong. even though to the north and south and east and west and county or state line, it doesn't matter, those people deserve to get what they get, but we are

BAD..

just plain bad.

and wrong.

and every other excuse that I have heard here in the past five years.

and that Directv is always right. no matter if they are completely and totally wrong, they are always right.

just remember that when you go to sleep tonight.

I am surprised that certain posters have not swooped down from the sky to defend the Directv realm..

shocked..

but when the county to the north south east and west of you get both feeds and you and I don't .. remember its because we are bad..

You still spamming up the forums with the exact same problems every other week? Get over it, or get cable and stop complaining about the same thing all the time

#97 OFFLINE   davidatl14

davidatl14

Icon

• Registered
  • 549 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:25 AM

You still spamming up the forums with the exact same problems every other week? Get over it, or get cable and stop complaining about the same thing all the time

Exactly.

It's not a matter of right and wrong. It's a realization that the MLB blackout policy isn't going to change anytime soon.

Your constant wailing and teeth gnashing has zero effect on either MLB nor DirecTV.

Some would rather have the issue. You seem to fall squarely in that category.

I seem to remember in one of your constant barrage of postings on this subject that one of the local cable providers has a different setup. If that's the case switch.

Register your dissatisfaction in a meaningful way -with your wallet.
May The Best of Your Past be the Worst of Your Future!

#98 OFFLINE   bjlc

bjlc

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 980 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:39 AM

well since the last two posters are such "EXPERTS ON LIFE" and especially, my life. Some one should point out to them that I :

One did NOT RESTART THIS THREAD.

TWO, the posts that they used as an example IS ALMOST A YEAR OLD.

and three, maybe if there is smoke, meaning more then one person is COMPLAINING, There could be fire..

meaning that these other posters, one of whom lives 3000 miles from my area, and must be an expert on the local LaCrosse Wisconsin market for some reason, can't see past their own illogical defense to their dying day on DIRECTV.

this year on this forum, we had a poster that was with DIRECTV FROM THE START.. and finally HE WAS TO THE POINT OF GOING TO DROP THE SERVICE.. and HE WAS RIPPED.

Blindly of course, because Directv is the one company that never makes mistakes and Fox sports north is the second company in that it too, is perfect in all qualities..

but you keep posting and defending. and don't bother to read when the post was made. WHY? because you are true experts in your field.

and we all know what field that exactly is.. being an.. :nono2:

Protected By... spam firewall...And...