Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Starmate ST2

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   oldschnor

oldschnor

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 11:23 AM

Yesterday, my Starmate ST2 was docked in a boombax on my deck floor. The box was tipped and the display on the ST2 cracked and nothing is visible. I was surprised to discover that the ST2 is no longer available and the boombox is not compatible with any other model.

I assume that the display is not repairable. I was on hold with Sirius for 20 minutes before I gave up.

Is there any market where an ST2 might be available?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 01:22 PM

Yesterday, my Starmate ST2 was docked in a boombax on my deck floor. The box was tipped and the display on the ST2 cracked and nothing is visible. I was surprised to discover that the ST2 is no longer available and the boombox is not compatible with any other model.

I assume that the display is not repairable. I was on hold with Sirius for 20 minutes before I gave up.

Is there any market where an ST2 might be available?

My ST2 gave up the ghost yesterday as well. Actually it had been a POS since I got in December 07. It would cut out every now and then, sometimes for a whole day. Always had great signal levels. When it worked, it was great, just getting it to work was a challenge.

Anyway, to get it to work, I had to plug/unplug a lot of times then it would finally kick in. Or, had to take it out of the cradle and bang it on the dash. :grin: I banged a bit too hard yesterday, now it just power cycles. :( Dead.

They are replacing it under warranty. Not sure if they are sending a ST2 or not. Will have to wait to see what surprise the FedEx guy brings.

See if they will replace it, or you can always try ebay.
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

#3 OFFLINE   Garry L

Garry L

Cool Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 08:26 AM

Ebay usually has several at any given time.

#4 OFFLINE   deraz

deraz

Daydreamer

• Gold Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 01:16 PM

They are on Sirius' on-line store site under "clearance" for $29.99.

Refurbished.
"But don't ask me what I think of you
I might not give the answer that you want me to."
Peter Green - Fleetwood Mac

Protected By... spam firewall...And...