Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Problems with 622 "PIXLATING"

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   smackman

smackman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 430 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 08:01 PM

As I was watching satellitte programming, My picture went to pixlating, It looked like a weak OTA digital signal. I turned to my OTA channels coming thru the OTA tuner on 622 and the picture was fine. I did a "soft" reboot and the satellite channels are working now but the OTA channels are now pixlating.Whats going on? Is my 622 receiver going out?
Smackman THE KING OF SMACK: Dish Customer since 2000
VIP 722

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,436 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 09:04 PM

What channel were you watching?

You may very well have experienced a "dip" in signal off the 129 satellite (It has a tendency to wobble due to gyro failure).
Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#3 OFFLINE   smackman

smackman

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 430 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 09:23 PM

What channel were you watching?

You may very well have experienced a "dip" in signal off the 129 satellite (It has a tendency to wobble due to gyro failure).

All channels are pixlating now BUT I HAVE NOTICED THAT I HAVE SOUND ON MY OTA CHANNELS AND SATELLITE CHANNELS THAT ARE NOT BROADCASTING IN HD. For instance, CNN SD IS PIXLATING BUT I get audio whereas CNNHD is pixlating with no audio. Ihave tried hard reboots and soft reboots. I also try and go to check the signal strength (6-1-1) and my receiver locks up and reboots. I have a E-7 and E-9 Lnb drift. Could the LNB from my 129 dish be bad causing my other signals from 110,119 and OTA to also go crazy?(pixelating)
VIP 722

#4 OFFLINE   smackman

smackman

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 430 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 05:14 AM

Morning is here and all channels are pixlating. I have "popping" sound on SD and OTA channels and no sound on HD channels. Any Help or troubleshooting points? I had left my 622 unplugged all night.

My recorded material plays without issue
VIP 722

#5 OFFLINE   smackman

smackman

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 430 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 07:37 AM

Wake up! No dish = much stress :lol: :lol:
VIP 722

#6 OFFLINE   ChuckA

ChuckA

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 08:12 AM

It would be hard to guess the problem, but I would start looking at the receiver and LNB. Do you have a second receiver to test? If it works on the same connection it would indicate the problem being the 622. If not, its something in the input feed (LNB, cable, connector, switch). I'm sure that's not a lot of help to you but just something to consider. I assume you called Dish already.
Receivers: ViP622 (dual mode), ViP722k (single mode), 311
Dish 1000
America's "Everything" Pack & HD
TV1: SONY 55" KDF-55WF655; HDMI & Components connections
OTA Antenna in attic
PocketDish AV700E

#7 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 08:34 AM

My recorded material plays without issue

When/if you record the channels that are "popping", do they play back OK?
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#8 OFFLINE   smackman

smackman

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 430 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 08:42 AM

I called Dish last night; The person I talked to says my LNB drift is too high. The readings are:
LNB DRIFT DETECTED
110(E-7)
119(E-9)
I show nothing on 129
I have 2 dishes; one is for 110,119 orbit; the other is 129 orbit. I have a DP 34 switch that ties them all together. I have a Dish Technician scheduled for MONDAY. Thats as early appointment I could get. I was hoping someone could help me troubleshoot some. The SD pictures have choppy sound; The OTA and HD pictures have no sound; all video is blocking or pixlating.
I do have a legacy receiver but I do not know how to hook it up.
VIP 722

#9 OFFLINE   smackman

smackman

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 430 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 08:49 AM

When/if you record the channels that are "popping", do they play back OK?

I tried this and YES they play back without issue! Every channel will record and playback fine but I cannot watch any channel "LIVE" WITHOUT PIXLATING but these channels record and playback without a problem! What goes here? Looks like I will be recording till I can get this resolved
VIP 722

#10 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 02:37 PM

Hmmmm.. I think that that would strongly rule out stream related and would point to the box though it is my understanding even with live you are watching off your drive so I am surprised that you would see a difference.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

#11 OFFLINE   smackman

smackman

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 430 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 03:04 PM

Hmmmm.. I think that that would strongly rule out stream related and would point to the box though it is my understanding even with live you are watching off your drive so I am surprised that you would see a difference.

Its crazy but I can record and watch without issue any channel. For instance, I am watching CNN HD Recorded. I am approx. 1 minute behind "live". If I go "live" I am pixlating. It started last night. I do show LNB drift of -7 on 110 and -9 on 119. This is the craziest workaround I have ever used to watch Dish. I do not understand how or what or why but I can record and watch but I cannot watch "on time" programming without a pixlated screen. It seems to me if LNB drift was the total problem that I could not record the incoming signal either.
VIP 722

#12 OFFLINE   smackman

smackman

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 430 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 10:26 PM

With the help of TULSAOK, I have determined one of my Tuners has gone bad. I am now running in single mode on the good tuner. Thanks a million TULSAOK. Dish is scheduled to come Monday; They will need a 622 Receiver.
VIP 722

#13 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 03:08 PM

With the help of TULSAOK, I have determined one of my Tuners has gone bad. I am now running in single mode on the good tuner. Thanks a million TULSAOK. Dish is scheduled to come Monday; They will need a 622 Receiver.

Excellent! Happy to lend a hand.
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#14 OFFLINE   liferules

liferules

Godfather

• Registered
  • 305 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 05:01 PM

Its crazy but I can record and watch without issue any channel. For instance, I am watching CNN HD Recorded. I am approx. 1 minute behind "live". If I go "live" I am pixlating. It started last night. I do show LNB drift of -7 on 110 and -9 on 119.

That's so weird because I am having the exact opposite happen! I can watch live now without any problems, but all my recordings (even a minute behind) are pixelating constantly...

How did you determine it was your tuner? I have called dish tech but they insist I be home to run some "diagnostics" for them before they send someone out...

#15 OFFLINE   smackman

smackman

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 430 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:42 PM

That's so weird because I am having the exact opposite happen! I can watch live now without any problems, but all my recordings (even a minute behind) are pixelating constantly...

How did you determine it was your tuner? I have called dish tech but they insist I be home to run some "diagnostics" for them before they send someone out...

Have your Receiver on single mode and hit the PIP button. If that picture is pixlating and the other is not, You have a tuner problem OR in dual mode look at TV2 and see if its pixlating while TV1 is okay.
Dish Technician came out today. He replaced 2 LNBs due to signal drift and ordered me another 622 to replace mine with the bad tuner. Should arrive Wednesday per Dish.:)
VIP 722

spam firewall