Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

signal loss every 30 seconds

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dmspen

dmspen

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 10:41 AM

Thursday night, my 622 started dropping signal every 30 seconds. I would get the 004 error to go up or down channels and reboot if it happened more than once. Rebbot didn't work, multiple times. I called DISH who had me reboot and finally scheduled a tech. It has settled down a little to just a pixelation and sound drop, but it's still every 30 seconds.

The 622 upstairs works fine - no dropouts. When accessing signal strengths, they are constant. Therefore, it's something in the receiver itself causing the signal disruption.

So the question is...What happens every 30 seconds in a 622 receiver? :confused:

I think that a new receiver will probably be in order. Tech out on Monday.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   DtvSlave

DtvSlave

Legend

• Registered
  • 162 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 11:28 AM

by any chance was this during game one of the nba finals?

#3 OFFLINE   PeteSJCA

PeteSJCA

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 06:03 PM

Howdy,

I'm in San Jose, two of my recording Thursday night on NBC off the satellite had lots of dropped signals, each recording had 6 or 8 losses, some lasting 3-6 minutes, the screen didn't get pixelated, it just turned yellow, first time i've seen this. I got no error messages...

#4 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,293 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 08 June 2008 - 12:16 AM

Same problem with KNTV NBC Thursday night. No problem with KPIX CBS recorded at the same time.

The yellow appears when the HD system has been down for repairs in the past - at one time it was pink then changed to yellow, can't figure that out. Anyway, I haven't seen that before on KNTV 11 from San Jose. But it was clear they were having a problem.

For a period back when, the stations out of SFO area seem to shut off the HD feed in the morning for work after the prime time broadcast HD was going to crap on 2, 5 and 7. All three would have the solid color.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#5 OFFLINE   dmspen

dmspen

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 10:08 AM

I did seesome of the solid color screens, especially yellow. I expereinced these 30 second dropouts on many channels. I tried channels from each satellite. It appears to be gone now, but went on for days. Very annoying watching a recorded show when the "signal lost" dialog pops up every 30 seconds.

spam firewall