Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ViP622 OTA ATSC Tuner Vs. Other ATSC Tuners

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jim148

Jim148

Godfather

• Registered
  • 314 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 08:14 AM

I have a 622 now and when I first got it I was thinking that the over the air ATSC tuner performed better than my Dish 811 OTA tuners. More recently I have had occasion to compare the 622s ATSC tuner to my Samsung LNT-1953H, which has a built in ATSC tuner. It seems as if there are times where I get picture with the LNT1953H when I lose it with the 622. Ironically I have both of them connected to the same Channel Master antenna. I suspect that the problem is MPDI (multi path distortion interference), but that is purely speculation on my part. Anyway, with more people getting the converter boxes, I am wondering how others 622 OTA performance compares to other ATSC tuners that you may have. Also, I suspect that the newer crop on ATSC tuners are better at dealing with MPDI, but again that is purely speculation on my part.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   tnsprin

tnsprin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 08:52 AM

The ViP622's tuner, compared to ATSC tuners of its time (about 3 years ago), is one of the better ones. But as time goes by and ATSC tuner technology improves, better tuners have become available.
Ex Dish subscriber
Fios TV subscriber on 3/8/10

spam firewall