Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Help Please With 622

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   smackman

smackman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 430 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 05:36 PM

I have received a refurbished 622 to replace my 622 that has a bad output. I do a check switch and Reception comes back verified. The problem is satellite 129 is not being recoginized.

Satellite input 1 shows:
1 2 3
110 119 X
OK OK OK
Dual Dual Dual
Reception Verified
DP34

Satellite input 2 shows the exact same information. This is the Installation summary after running a check switch. I have ran this check switch 4 times and I get these same results everytime. have 2 dishes; one pointed at 110-119 orbit and the other at 129 orbit. I do have a DP 34 SWITCH. My other receiver was working fine except for a bad output. Why is this receiver not seeing satellite 129? HELP!!!
Dish wants me to send back the receiver that was worrking with one output and keep this one thats not seeing satellite 129 until a Technician can come be JUNE 26TH! IS THAT NOT CRAZY? I hope I can get this resolved with you guys technical knowledge. Thanks in advance.
Smackman THE KING OF SMACK: Dish Customer since 2000
VIP 722

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   BNUMM

BNUMM

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 08:13 PM

Did it do a software update when you installed it? If not, unplug receiver from the wall and plug it back in. It should reset itself and do a software update.

#3 OFFLINE   smackman

smackman

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 430 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 08:45 PM

I have it working. It did not do a software update when 1st plugged in. It did a software update when I was able to force myself back out of the check switch. IT would not label satellite 129 until my Receiver was updated and Activated. I had a hell of a time with Dish Techs. Anyway, the instructions for installing this receiver are dense to say the least and CSR are no help.
Its working now; thats what counts.
VIP 722

#4 OFFLINE   BNUMM

BNUMM

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 08:59 PM

I know what you mean. I install these things and the 622/722 do this quite often when you first install them. Sometimes you have to do another check switch because the receiver will delte the 129 after a previous check switch has found it. The only time I call tech support is when I have determined the receiver is actually bad. I call other techs that I know before I call Dish.

#5 OFFLINE   smackman

smackman

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 430 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 09:29 PM

I actually was lucky I got it working. The Dish Techs. had already determined I needed a Service Tech. They would not or were not capable of helping me with a issue that I would assume many have when doing a check switch. I was lied to; I was hung up on; It was a very trying experience.
I actually had to cancel my appointment for June 26 before the Dish Tech. would activate my Receiver. After activation and all my updates, I went back to the check switch page and input 3 showed 129 like it should.
I look back on this and cannot believe that these Techs. as they call themselves could not solve this issue. I was lucky tonight.
I am patting my own self on the back.
I came very close tonight to telling Dish to take this subscription and stick it where the sun does not shine.
It was a very piss poor Customer Service performance; the worse I have had with Dish in my 8 years of being a devout customer.
Also, 15 days before a service technician could come? Hogwash!
VIP 722

spam firewall