Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Watching DVR shows skip ahead a few seconds randomly

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jaystamm

jaystamm

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 07:26 PM

*edit* I must have been blind, mods can delete this, I will contribute to the other thred

OP:

Newbie here, I tried to search and read for a while but didn't see anyone else with this problem.

In the past few days my 622 that I have had for a while has started acting up. While we are watching a show from the DVR the playback will jump or skip ahead about 2-3 seconds. If we jump back it will sometimes skip at the same place and sometime not skip. It seems to happen more frequently with HD recordings but I am pretty sure we have seen it on SD shows also. I don't think it has happened when watching "live TV" but it definately has when watching buffered "live".

Heat was my first thought but it doesn't seem overly warm, going to check the actual temp tonight since I have found posts telling how to dig that info up.

Is there a way to defrag the HD? or to check for bad sectors?

How much am I looking at if I call Dish and they send someone out?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...