Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Audio Channels on Tuner 2

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dconder

dconder

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 10:55 AM

I am trying to figure out a better way to control my whole house audio system. Right now, I have tuner 2 of my 622 hooked up to my Nuvo audio system. Problem is, the only way to change what I am listening to is go to a bedroom with tuner 2 hooked up, turn the tv on and change to whatever station I want to listen to. I am wondering if there is any way with the 622 to store channels as something like presets to be able to assign them a number. Then be able to select from my presets with a Harmony remote and RF extender. I could then be out back on the patio and go thru all the presets with the Harmony. I hope that makes sense. Let me know if anyone has any thoughts on whether it will work or if not what might work. I plan on doing the same thing with my Yamaha receiver and source 2 hooked up to the Nuvo. I can set AM/FM presets and cycle thru them with the Harmony. Thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Jnel

Jnel

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 11:53 AM

You could program your Harmony remote with macros for the channels you want to listen to (like Sirius). Then you wouldn't have to remember the channel #s.

#3 OFFLINE   kevin d

kevin d

Mentor

• Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 12:55 PM

Keep in mind you can only control tuner 2 through the RF dish remote. So you could setup presets on a universal remote, but no universal remote will control tuner 2.

Kevin D.

#4 OFFLINE   dconder

dconder

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 01:00 PM

So could a Harmony 1000 be used to learn the controls of the Dish RF remote for Tuner 2. If not, I could use audio from Tuner 1 in to the Nuvo?

#5 OFFLINE   sdschramm

sdschramm

Legend

• Registered
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 01:14 PM

you could make a "favorites" list in the guide - label it "audio" and then add only the channels you like to that list. Then all you need to do is channel up or down to cycle though to the one you want.

#6 OFFLINE   kevin d

kevin d

Mentor

• Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 09:02 PM

So could a Harmony 1000 be used to learn the controls of the Dish RF remote for Tuner 2. If not, I could use audio from Tuner 1 in to the Nuvo?

Nope.. Tuner 2 is only controlable from the dish remote via its RF only. You can use tuner1's audio though.

Kevin D.

spam firewall