Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

622 prob - second tuner turning on in middle of night

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   owensjro

owensjro

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 04:18 PM

Figured I would ask here before calling Dish tech support. In the last week or so I have noticed that every morning when I get up the lights on the 622 show the second tuner is on. I've double checked each night to make sure it is indeed off before going to sleep.

The biggest problem with this (other than eating up electricity) is that my guide isn't getting updated as a result and I am losing recordings. This happened while I was on vacation for a week and none of my timers ended up working.

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this issue or not.

Thanks,
Jim

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   ChuckA

ChuckA

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 04:49 PM

It's actually the TV2 output that's on rather than tuner 2 since the tuners are always on.

I have seen this occur a few times in the two+ years I've had my 622 but it has never prevented the Guide data download. Therefore it has never been a problem for me and I have not reported it to Dish. The receiver basically uses the same amount of electricity regardless of being on or in standby.

If you don't get the Guide data your problem is more serious than mine. Since you are missing timers, I would get Dish to replace the box. It's not doing you much good if it won't record what you want it to.
Receivers: ViP622 (dual mode), ViP722k (single mode), 311
Dish 1000
America's "Everything" Pack & HD
TV1: SONY 55" KDF-55WF655; HDMI & Components connections
OTA Antenna in attic
PocketDish AV700E

Protected By... spam firewall...And...