Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Does Hr20-700 Have To Have 2cables?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   johnchart

johnchart

Legend

• Registered
  • 124 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 08:43 AM

I am swapping out my old 10-250 for a HR20-700 for no charge at DirecTV. Thinking of moving my older HR20-700 which has a couple of bugs (HDMI not working & season pass problems) to a bedroom where it is little used (once a month if at all) and only has one satellite cable input.

Does it have to have 2 cable inputs if I don't need HD or local channels? Would be a major rewiring product if so I would not do it.

Thanks.

John in very wet & flooded eastern Iowa. (No problems my self, thank God!)

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,497 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 16 June 2008 - 08:45 AM

You can hook it up with 1 input, you just won't be able to record two things at once or record something and watch something else live.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#3 OFFLINE   say-what

say-what

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,690 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 16 June 2008 - 08:46 AM

It will work fine with 1 cable and you will recieve all programming that you would with 2 cables. The only difference is that only one tuner will be active and you can't record 2 programs at one time or watch one program while recording another.

#4 OFFLINE   Sirshagg

Sirshagg

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,922 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 09:18 AM

Some have reported (myself included) that they needed to at least connect the BBC to the second input in order for the receiver to realize that it didn't have both cables connected. I don't understand it myself, but it did work.
Who is this "Vod Kanockers" that you speak of?

#5 OFFLINE   johnchart

johnchart

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 124 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 11:01 AM

Thanks guys. It was on these forums I first discovered that DirecTV was doing the free swapping thing!

John in wet and flooded Iowa

Protected By... spam firewall...And...