Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

R15 Harddrive dead, need help

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#51 OFFLINE   Sea bass

Sea bass

Icon

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:23 PM

Must be the HDD. Strange, 99% of my recent recorings are fine, I had 2 in the list last week that were skipping a head near the end of the recorded show...Sorry, I wish I could help more, I have never changed the HDD, but that may happen soon! It sucks having these issues:(

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#52 OFFLINE   Sea bass

Sea bass

Icon

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 07:06 PM

Another way I know if it has rebooted through the day, the "tv mail" deletes whenever the unit reboots...

#53 OFFLINE   tong

tong

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 09:19 PM

I was not successful trying to repalce the hard drive in my R15 following this techique. I DVR would never recognize the drive or format it. WhenI attempted to format I received the following message: Fail, Error Ox7b.

The replacement drive works fine in a computer and the old DVR drive still works in the DVR, but the drive is four years old and starting to fail (constant reboots).

My DVR has software version OX1274....does anyone know if they no longer allow replacement drives with the newer software updates?

Same issue, r15-500, sw 0x1274, same error code. Played around in the diagnostic menu. It's as if the dvr cant talk to the drive.

WDC 160gb caviar blue, runs and tests jsut fine on a pc (ran wdc diag tools).

Back to the aging oem one for now. It had gotten a bit more life pulling it from the dvr and running the extended seagate tests on a pc (to remap bad sectors) + a reformat by the dvr a few months ago.

FWIW my r15 has replaced caps in the powersupply.

#54 OFFLINE   WalkGood

WalkGood

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 04:35 PM

Back to the aging oem one for now. It had gotten a bit more life pulling it from the dvr and running the extended seagate tests on a pc (to remap bad sectors) + a reformat by the dvr a few months ago.

Can you give more details on the seagate tests please? Where did you get the software?

Thanks

Protected By... spam firewall...And...