Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Conflict with "Locked Event"

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   adk0212

adk0212

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:17 PM

I've been using my Vip622 for just short of 2 years now and in the last couple months have begun having a strange problem. Often when I go to schedule a DVR recording, it will conflict with a "Locked Event". At first I had no idea what this meant; I would simply tell it to cancel the "Locked Event" and record the new show instead. Recently I discovered that these "Locked Event" things are referring to scheduled recordings on channels that have been locked out with the password. Now, I do have the lockout enabled in order to hide adult channels...but I've never scheduled a recording on any of them. (Really! I promise! :D )

I never see any "Locked Events" in the DVR recordings list, so they seem to be figments of the DVR's imagination. Maybe it just *wishes* I'd record something off an adult channel for once...

Anybody know what is going on? It's getting very annoying...

--Adam

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Ken Green

Ken Green

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 06:45 PM

I've been using my Vip622 for just short of 2 years now and in the last couple months have begun having a strange problem. Often when I go to schedule a DVR recording, it will conflict with a "Locked Event". At first I had no idea what this meant; I would simply tell it to cancel the "Locked Event" and record the new show instead. Recently I discovered that these "Locked Event" things are referring to scheduled recordings on channels that have been locked out with the password. Now, I do have the lockout enabled in order to hide adult channels...but I've never scheduled a recording on any of them. (Really! I promise! :D )

I never see any "Locked Events" in the DVR recordings list, so they seem to be figments of the DVR's imagination. Maybe it just *wishes* I'd record something off an adult channel for once...

Anybody know what is going on? It's getting very annoying...

--Adam

Adam,
It has nothing to do with "locks." I get it also. I'm not certain what/where the s/w is looking, and the best I have been able to figure out is, it comes up as a "locked event" when the event you're attempting to override with, has a lower priority than the already scheduled event. My systems are, and always have been fully unlocked, and I still see it now and then.
ViP722 - ViP622² - ViP612 - ViP211 - 510
Slingbox SOLO
Dish 1000+ 110/118/119/129 - HD Locals/118w - DPP44²
EHDD - 750g/500g - Broadband via HomePlug
Sony 51" HDRPTV² - Dell 23" HD LCD - Sharp Aquos 17" HD LCD
OTA - Winegard HD9095P - 55 miles

#3 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 07:45 PM

Do you have any timers set to fire on a channel that you later locked out.

I locked out all the 9000 range of channels only to realize later I had a timer to record HDNET (9422). When I saw the recorded programming it only said "Locked Event".
Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#4 OFFLINE   moman19

moman19

Icon

• Registered
  • 710 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:22 AM

Do you have any timers set to fire on a channel that you later locked out.

I locked out all the 9000 range of channels only to realize later I had a timer to record HDNET (9422). When I saw the recorded programming it only said "Locked Event".

Ditto. I had this issue too. If you unlock the DVR, cancel all your Timers and then re-build them (sorry :( ), the issue should vanish.
All I want is a Perfect DVR!

#5 OFFLINE   dbrakob

dbrakob

Godfather

• Registered
  • 263 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 10:13 AM

Do you have a teenage boy in the house :lol: . Mine finally figured out the passcode (took him 2 months) which I admit was too easy due to quick setup. Changed it to a more random number and set it at "only G" for 2 weeks as punishment. :nono:

spam firewall