Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Question on Delivery time for Service

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   max1

max1

Godfather

• Registered
  • 386 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:42 AM

I just ordered a new Sirius receiver for my car and had it sent 2 day mail. I ordered it yesterday. When it says 2 day will I get it on Friday? I just checked the order and it says it checked out. I am putting my old one in my moms car and getting a new one for mine. Also I read on sirus website they are changing the lineup I know that super shuffle is going to be on net now only too bad--Max

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,701 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:53 AM

UPS calls their service second day for the second day after shipment.

Products shipped on Wednesday using two day service should be delivered on Friday. The key is to understand that ordering on Wednesday doesn't always insure Wednesday shipment.

#3 OFFLINE   krock918316

krock918316

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:55 AM

UPS calls their service second day for the second day after shipment.

Products shipped on Wednesday using two day service should be delivered on Friday. The key is to understand that ordering on Wednesday doesn't always insure Wednesday shipment.

Exactly. I've had customers order something Next Day Air at nearly midnight from our website, then call me the next afternoon wondering why they don't have their parts.

#4 OFFLINE   Ken S

Ken S

RIP

• Registered
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:24 AM

Exactly. I've had customers order something Next Day Air at nearly midnight from our website, then call me the next afternoon wondering why they don't have their parts.

They may have done business with some of the companies that actually do accomplish that type of service. By putting their warehouse on the grounds of the air carrier's hub (Memphis, etc.) they can take a process orders sometimes as late as 2AM. PCConnection has been doing it that way for years.

As for the OP...call them or check your order status and see if you can get a tracking number.

#5 OFFLINE   max1

max1

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 386 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 06:44 AM

Well, rats, just tracked my order and now it says it will be delivered on Jun 23 Mon. So much for 2 day delivery but maybe will come today--Max.

#6 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:34 PM

It's a craps shoot. My first Sirius receiver was ordered online direct from Sirius, I had it shipped 2 Day, it arrived exactly 1 week from the day I ordered it. A few weeks ago I ordered a new HP iPaq PDA from Amazon, selected standard 5-7 business day shipping, ordered it Sunday night, it was on my doorstep when I got home from work that Tuesday. Nothing beats last month when I ordered this computer and HP shipped it Next Day by accident. Computer was built from the factory on 5/19 and arrived on 5/20, I think thats a $200 mistake on their part.
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

#7 OFFLINE   max1

max1

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 386 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 07:59 PM

Hey all, just wanted to let you know I got the receiver today. I hooked it up no problem. I got the radio at 12:30 and took about an hour or so too hook it up. I wasnt sure if I was going to renew with Sirus but we found out our medical insurance co is going to pay most of my medical expenses so now I am all Sirius now expcept for 1 show on local am station. It was very painfull listening to FM radio for 2 weeks. Happy Sirius customer again Max.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...