Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DISH 722 and 612 Whats in the box?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   timhk

timhk

Mentor

• Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:49 PM

I know its pushing things, but by any chance do you get a set of HDMI cables in the box when you get these receivers? I don't want to spend another $40 unless I have too.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   DBS Commando

DBS Commando

Godfather

• Registered
  • 435 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 09:39 PM

Depends on your installer. My installer just gave me component cables for both of my HD receivers.

#3 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:12 PM

I know its pushing things, but by any chance do you get a set of HDMI cables in the box when you get these receivers? I don't want to spend another $40 unless I have too.

My ViP722 came with HDMI, S-Video, component, composite and coax; in the box.
Also, HDMI cables can be had for way under $10. Monoprice.com for example.
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#4 OFFLINE   Ken Green

Ken Green

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:48 PM

You may be the only one :)

As a rule, Tim, neither HDMI or Component cables are included with the ViP722 or ViP612, though it is correct, 10 bucks should cover it.
ViP722 - ViP622² - ViP612 - ViP211 - 510
Slingbox SOLO
Dish 1000+ 110/118/119/129 - HD Locals/118w - DPP44²
EHDD - 750g/500g - Broadband via HomePlug
Sony 51" HDRPTV² - Dell 23" HD LCD - Sharp Aquos 17" HD LCD
OTA - Winegard HD9095P - 55 miles

#5 OFFLINE   Polardog

Polardog

Legend

• Registered
  • 134 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 07:52 AM

My Vip612 did not come with HDMI or component cables.
I made the mistake of buying my HDMI cables at a retail store before I knew that you could secure them for much less online.

#6 OFFLINE   timhk

timhk

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 06:12 PM

Thanks for the info. I have a 722 and 612 install scheduled for next week and just wanted to make sure I have everything I need.

#7 OFFLINE   satgeek550

satgeek550

AllStar

• Registered
  • 86 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:24 AM

DO NOT SPEND UNDER 20 dollars for HDMI cables, no quality. Try monstercables those have good quality. Also unless you bought your vip 722 from a private party the box did not include either HDMI or component, thoes are on the E* trucks and they usually don't even carry HDMI only component.

With a box from E* the box includes: the unit, 2 remotes, RCA, S-video, 25' phone cord, coax (rg-59) not for, from the dish only to the tv)

#8 OFFLINE   Ken Green

Ken Green

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:34 AM

DO NOT SPEND UNDER 20 dollars for HDMI cables, no quality. Try monstercables those have good quality. Also unless you bought your vip 722 from a private party the box did not include either HDMI or component, thoes are on the E* trucks and they usually don't even carry HDMI only component.

With a box from E* the box includes: the unit, 2 remotes, RCA, S-video, 25' phone cord, coax (rg-59) not for, from the dish only to the tv)

Plus...DPP Separator w/cables, UHF Remote Antenna and Attenuator, and Remote Batteries. :)
ViP722 - ViP622² - ViP612 - ViP211 - 510
Slingbox SOLO
Dish 1000+ 110/118/119/129 - HD Locals/118w - DPP44²
EHDD - 750g/500g - Broadband via HomePlug
Sony 51" HDRPTV² - Dell 23" HD LCD - Sharp Aquos 17" HD LCD
OTA - Winegard HD9095P - 55 miles

#9 OFFLINE   bthessel

bthessel

AllStar

• Registered
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:49 AM

Can you point me to some proof on those cables, I have read many stories in the past that show Monster is overrated and overpriced. Considering retail stores make about $15 on a $20 cable (I used to work in retail and could get them at cost) I don't think you are getting anything special buying Monster. Monoprice or Bluejeanscable have both shown to be excellent quality, Especially at shorter distances.
http://gizmodo.com/g...-iii-282725.php

Also when I received my last 622 direct from Dish it did have an HDMI cable in the box. That was shipped from dish and not from an installer.

#10 OFFLINE   airpolgas

airpolgas

Godfather

• Registered
  • 493 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:40 PM

DO NOT SPEND UNDER 20 dollars for HDMI cables, no quality. Try monstercables those have good quality.

Oh no he didn't!

Ah... 7 posts as of my reply. Welcome to DBSTalk. Read more, and you'll soon learn:

monoprice.com is your friend
"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people." - Mr. Garrison from South Park
"There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots." - Cluelessness from despair.com

#11 OFFLINE   HobbyTalk

HobbyTalk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 05:58 PM

DO NOT SPEND UNDER 20 dollars for HDMI cables, no quality. Try monstercables those have good quality.

Thank you for the best chuckle of the day :lol:

Audiophiles can't tell the difference between Monster Cable and coat hangers

#12 OFFLINE   BNUMM

BNUMM

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:18 PM

Dish has not included coax (rg-59) for quite some time. Also, they stopped including component (RGB) cables about when the 622 came out.

#13 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:52 PM

My ViP722 came from Dish and it included HDMI and Component cables in addition to the ones you list. Even my 622 came with Component cables and the tech gave me an HDMI cable which I returned when I upgraded.
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#14 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:55 PM

Also when I received my last 622 direct from Dish it did have an HDMI cable in the box. That was shipped from dish and not from an installer.

Careful; people get a little upset when someone reports there are HDMI cables in the box. :D

#15 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:58 PM

Dish has not included coax (rg-59) for quite some time. Also, they stopped including component (RGB) cables about when the 622 came out.

Evidently, the cables included in the box varies quite a bit.

#16 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 01:16 PM

My ViP722 came from Dish and it included HDMI and Component cables in addition to the ones you list. Even my 622 came with Component cables and the tech gave me an HDMI cable which I returned when I upgraded.

It seems that at least some RETAIL boxes (either bought in stores or sold directly to customers by Dish) get HD cables added.

The receivers provided to installers do NOT come with HD cables in the box, but as of May, the installers are required to provide 6' component cables for free for the HD boxes they install. HDMI cables are a chargable item, though some offices apparently provide them for free as well. Dish has set a max price of $20 for the standard 6' HDMI cable, payable to the installer. Not all installers will carry HDMI cables.

#17 OFFLINE   Marriner

Marriner

Legend

• Registered
  • 224 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 01:37 PM

I'm not going to pile on but i have purchased hdmi and other cables from monoprice.com and have been most impressed with the workmanship and quality of these cables. There is no logical reason a simple hdmi cable should cost $60, $70, $100 or more. Monster Rip-off.
ViP722K with OTA tuner (Dual Mode SW L6.86), Western Digital 1 Tb USB hard drive, Sharp LC-52D64U HD TV, Sony V-333ES, Bose AM-10. ViP722K with OTA tuner (Dual Mode SW L6.86), Sling Adapter, Maxtor OneTouch 3 750 Gb hard drive,Vizio E422VA, Sharp 1-bit SD-HX500 surround.

#18 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,433 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 28 June 2008 - 02:18 PM

For reasons known only to nobody, I got component (no toslink), s-video, and RCA cables. I had already purchased what I needed on line.

The only additional comment I can make is that I connected all the necessary connections to my theater system so that the installer only needed to touch the 722 and the wall power socket. Just in case Darryl and his other brother Darryl showed up to do the install.

#19 OFFLINE   rtd2

rtd2

Legend

• Registered
  • 161 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 12:49 PM

Just received my replacement receiver. 722 had RCA, S-VIDEO, COMPONENT, AND HDMI cables.

#20 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:33 PM

Just received my replacement receiver. 722 had RCA, S-VIDEO, COMPONENT, AND HDMI cables.

Excellent. That's what mine had as well. :D

Protected By... spam firewall...And...