Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Summer 2008 Sirius Line Up Changes

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 10:25 PM

Effective 6/24/08

http://www.sirius.com/channelchange
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Behmer01655

Behmer01655

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 11:42 AM

I'm going to miss Super Shuffle. I just discovered it a few weeks ago and I've been listening to it almost exclusively since. I hope they bring it back.

#3 OFFLINE   max1

max1

Godfather

• Registered
  • 386 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:43 PM

Behmer I agree i miss super shuffle already. The Bridge is okay but not one of my favorite's. Also does anybody know if Barry Williams is still at 70's channel I noticed Ron Parker was on the other day and Magic Matt was still on in the afternoon today coming home from work. I think BW may just be on vacation.

#4 OFFLINE   max1

max1

Godfather

• Registered
  • 386 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 08:24 AM

just an update from previous question. It looks like Ron Parker now wll be on in the afternoons on the 70's channel-he is pretty good. B Williams is only going to be on Sat nights I think from 7-11--Jay thomas from 8-12 on Sat Mornings. My guess is B W may have other projects going on so they hired R Parker for permanent shft in the afternoons. He is funny reminds me of Magic Matt. Max.

#5 OFFLINE   tvjay

tvjay

Godfather

• Registered
  • 293 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 11:04 AM

My radio just updated again yesterday so my questions is why do they keep issuing updates? I have had Sirius for a long time without any updates, and now there has been like two or three in like a month.
HDTV: Sony Bravia KDL-40W4100
DirecTV Receiver: HR22-100 (manufactured 9/8/09)
DirecTV Dish: AU9-S Slimline

#6 OFFLINE   Deke Rivers

Deke Rivers

Legend

• Registered
  • 134 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:54 PM

My radio just updated again yesterday so my questions is why do they keep issuing updates? I have had Sirius for a long time without any updates, and now there has been like two or three in like a month.

yea and all my presets got wiped out each time

#7 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,427 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:17 PM

They made a change?

Damn them. I'm dropping all of my subscriptions right now.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#8 OFFLINE   mitchelljd

mitchelljd

Legend

• Registered
  • 163 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:04 AM

They made a change?

Damn them. I'm dropping all of my subscriptions right now.

Funny! i love my Sirius, though i am sure that the changes being made will lead to more changes in the fall, and the programming mix for each, Sirius and XM, will only get better and more defined for 2009.

could be a great year as they roll out their new packages and hopefully get rid of commercials on the xm music channels

#9 OFFLINE   Lee L

Lee L

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 07:55 AM

There are no commercials on nearly all the XM Music channels. There are only commercials on 4 of them that they were made to put on when Clear Channel, who they cut a deal with to program the channels, sued XM to make them carry the commercial stations.

DirecTV, please don't make me have to go back to watching March Madness in standard Def! Oh, and the usual begging for AMC and BBC America. You are so close to actually being the HD Leader.

spam firewall