Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Recordind tennis but I don't know why

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   GaryK

GaryK

Mentor

• Registered
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 07:24 PM

Wimbledon tennis is being recorded daily on my 622, but I don't know why. The good news is, I do want to record it. When I look at the daily schedule, I see the new Wimbledon shows to be recorded. When I try to edit it, It says the Australian Open Tennis? When I look at my timers, there is no Wimbledon. Only the Australian & French Open. Any ideas why this is happening? I don't want to delete the Australian.:confused:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 09:37 PM

What type of timer is it? If a Dish Pass i would look at the string the timer is searching on.. that might provide a clue.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

#3 OFFLINE   keitheva

keitheva

Legend

• Registered
  • 156 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 04:03 PM

I had a similar thing. I had set a timer to record the French Open finals a few weeks ago, and this timer was now firing Wimbledon recordings. I assume there was something in the program name/info pattern matching algorithm the 622 uses that caused a match. I just deleted the timer for the French Open and now no extraneous Wimbledon recordings.

#4 OFFLINE   GaryK

GaryK

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 05:20 PM

What type of timer is it? If a Dish Pass i would look at the string the timer is searching on.. that might provide a clue.

This is a regular timer not Dish pass. It is set for new episodes only. The string is for the Australian Open. Tessis is not in either string of the title.

#5 OFFLINE   Marriner

Marriner

Legend

• Registered
  • 224 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 07:13 AM

Echostar has done it! The first intuitive DVR! All you have to do is set a timer to record an event and it "KNOWS" what you like and records it too. Amazing technology. :)
ViP722K with OTA tuner (Dual Mode SW L6.86), Western Digital 1 Tb USB hard drive, Sharp LC-52D64U HD TV, Sony V-333ES, Bose AM-10. ViP722K with OTA tuner (Dual Mode SW L6.86), Sling Adapter, Maxtor OneTouch 3 750 Gb hard drive,Vizio E422VA, Sharp 1-bit SD-HX500 surround.

#6 OFFLINE   tnsprin

tnsprin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 07:36 AM

This is a regular timer not Dish pass. It is set for new episodes only. The string is for the Australian Open. Tessis is not in either string of the title.

They are listed as the same show, a numeric number, and different episodes. So if you Recorded the Australian Open now you get Wimbeldon
Ex Dish subscriber
Fios TV subscriber on 3/8/10

spam firewall