Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DP to DPP+ siugnal strength

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jeffg369

jeffg369

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 07:15 AM

Dish just replaced my 921 with a 722 and at the same time replaced the dish 500 and DPP LNB with a Dish 1000.2 and DPP+ lnb's. My problem is signal strength on the receive alignment meter. With the 500 and DPP signal strength on the 921 and 510 were in the high 90's now signal strength on the 722 and 510 are in the low to mid 20's with a note on the screen saying that the calibration is different. I also notice that rain fade appears (note appears) to be worse with the DPP+ lnb's. Is this normal or did I get a bad install?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   ChuckA

ChuckA

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 07:33 AM

The signal strength scale was changed to be more consistent across all receivers. Everyone's signal value dropped when the scale was changed. As long as you are still in the Green range you should be fine. I have not looked in a while but I thought the 20's was getting to be on the low side.
Receivers: ViP622 (dual mode), ViP722k (single mode), 311
Dish 1000
America's "Everything" Pack & HD
TV1: SONY 55" KDF-55WF655; HDMI & Components connections
OTA Antenna in attic
PocketDish AV700E

#3 OFFLINE   oljim

oljim

Godfather

• Registered
  • 482 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 05:41 AM

Bad install, should be better than low to mid 20s
This finger was not made to press 1 for english

#4 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 12:56 PM

110 and 119 should be in the high 50s to low 60s. 129 should be high 30s to low 40s. Clearly, your dish needs to be repeaked. Did the installer leave his number? If so, call him directly before you call Dish.

#5 OFFLINE   jeffg369

jeffg369

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 06:43 PM

110 and 119 should be in the high 50s to low 60s. 129 should be high 30s to low 40s. Clearly, your dish needs to be repeaked. Did the installer leave his number? If so, call him directly before you call Dish.

Thanks all. No installer did not leave his number. Will Dish give me a problem if the system is working.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...