Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

722 Problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dnero

dnero

AllStar

• Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 04:34 PM

Last night I turned on my 722 with Aquiring Sat. single screen showing I had no signal on either input from 110 119 & 61.5. Tried running check switch but instead of doing a 1-5 count it was doing 1-38 then would give me a message that I had fewer sat than before but was finding no signal. But the 501 and 508 were working fine all connected to the same DPP44 switch. I also had another cable that was hooked to the switch that used to feed one input of my 721 tried swapping input cables to the diplexer but same result. After spending almost an hour with a person on the phone and finding out a dish tech was week away they also wanted 49.95 said I cancelled my protection plan which I did not want to do they must have cancelled this when I turned HBO ect. off. After finding out it would be week with no tv in this room was going to hook my 721 back up and use that but decided to take the diplexer out and hook one switch feed to each input on the 722 now everything is back to normal check switch was a normal 1-5 count and found all sat on both inputs.
So my question is do I need a diplexor as long as there are two cables one for sat input off the DPP44? I dont plan on using the 721 although have not turned it off with dish yet.
Although the part that made me laugh about this whole thing was when this CS told me in his broken english "Now dont get up on the roof and try to re aim yourdish" like I am going to do this a 10:00 pm at night. They always call me Mr Doug cause they cant pronounce my last name Neronsky.
Thanks for any help.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Ken Green

Ken Green

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 07:11 PM

Last night I turned on my 722 with Aquiring Sat. single screen showing I had no signal on either input from 110 119 & 61.5. Tried running check switch but instead of doing a 1-5 count it was doing 1-38 then would give me a message that I had fewer sat than before but was finding no signal. But the 501 and 508 were working fine all connected to the same DPP44 switch. I also had another cable that was hooked to the switch that used to feed one input of my 721 tried swapping input cables to the diplexer but same result. After spending almost an hour with a person on the phone and finding out a dish tech was week away they also wanted 49.95 said I cancelled my protection plan which I did not want to do they must have cancelled this when I turned HBO ect. off. After finding out it would be week with no tv in this room was going to hook my 721 back up and use that but decided to take the diplexer out and hook one switch feed to each input on the 722 now everything is back to normal check switch was a normal 1-5 count and found all sat on both inputs.
So my question is do I need a diplexor as long as there are two cables one for sat input off the DPP44? I dont plan on using the 721 although have not turned it off with dish yet.
Although the part that made me laugh about this whole thing was when this CS told me in his broken english "Now dont get up on the roof and try to re aim yourdish" like I am going to do this a 10:00 pm at night. They always call me Mr Doug cause they cant pronounce my last name Neronsky.
Thanks for any help.

Mr. Doug, :lol:
Yes, you can use separate feeds to the 722.
Do you have the Power Inserter in the configuration, and if so, is/was it fed through the 722 on Port 1 of your DPP44?

I presume you tried running switch-check a second time, and also did a hard (power-cord) reset.
ViP722 - ViP622² - ViP612 - ViP211 - 510
Slingbox SOLO
Dish 1000+ 110/118/119/129 - HD Locals/118w - DPP44²
EHDD - 750g/500g - Broadband via HomePlug
Sony 51" HDRPTV² - Dell 23" HD LCD - Sharp Aquos 17" HD LCD
OTA - Winegard HD9095P - 55 miles

#3 OFFLINE   dnero

dnero

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 03:43 PM

Yes I ran check switch about 6 times and did unplug it for awhile so I assume the diplexor died also the installer did not put a ground on the DPP44 so will do that this weekend should I put a ground block off each sat input or is grounding the body of the switch suffiecient?

#4 OFFLINE   Ken Green

Ken Green

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 11:13 PM

Yes I ran check switch about 6 times and did unplug it for awhile so I assume the diplexor died also the installer did not put a ground on the DPP44 so will do that this weekend should I put a ground block off each sat input or is grounding the body of the switch suffiecient?

IIRC, the DPP44 is grounded through the power inserter (3-prong).
Neither of mine have their own ground, nor do I think the installation instructions for the DPP44 call for a separate ground....not sure :confused:
ViP722 - ViP622² - ViP612 - ViP211 - 510
Slingbox SOLO
Dish 1000+ 110/118/119/129 - HD Locals/118w - DPP44²
EHDD - 750g/500g - Broadband via HomePlug
Sony 51" HDRPTV² - Dell 23" HD LCD - Sharp Aquos 17" HD LCD
OTA - Winegard HD9095P - 55 miles

#5 OFFLINE   tnsprin

tnsprin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 07:53 AM

IIRC, the DPP44 is grounded through the power inserter (3-prong).
Neither of mine have their own ground, nor do I think the installation instructions for the DPP44 call for a separate ground....not sure :confused:

Grounding is recommended at the switch itself and just before the wires enter the house (assuming you don't have the switch outside at the point the wires enter).
Ex Dish subscriber
Fios TV subscriber on 3/8/10

#6 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 12:54 PM

It sounds to me like your DPP Separator failed (that's the device that splits the DPP signal to feed both tuners). If you call and explain that to Dish, they will probably send you a replacement for free.

spam firewall