Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Wall-E

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#51 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,220 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 08:03 AM

Picked up the Blu-Ray yesterday and watched it again. Simply a great film.

Don't forget to go into the extras on the movie disc. There are a couple of Pixar shorts in there that are quite funny.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#52 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 32,419 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 08:07 AM

Think I'll pass. Haven't watched a Pixar since The Incredibles. Seems like that's where they reached their zenith.

Actually I saw that as a low point.

WALL*E is the #1 DVD on Amazon for over a week now, and the Blu Ray has been #3 of ALL the DVD titles there. This one may set records.

I agree with Chris that this is simply a great flick - on Blu Ray - its phenominal.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#53 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 37,032 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 09:08 AM

Went to Target to pick up the Blu-Ray yesterday and they were sold out! Plenty of SD DVDs on the shelf though. Yeah, Blu-Ray's dead. Really.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#54 OFFLINE   ApK

ApK

Icon

• Registered
  • 760 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 09:44 AM

I really like those titles that include the SD DVD with the Blu-ray disk. If more titles would come out like that in the coming year, I would definitely get a blu-ray player.
I mean, I probably will anyway, but that would make the transition a lead pipe cinch.

#55 OFFLINE   flexoffset

flexoffset

Godfather

• Registered
  • 337 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 09:47 AM

Got WALL*E Blu-Ray in on Monday from Amazon. Planning on surprising the kids with it on Christmas morning. They love WALL*E. My daughter even made TURK*E for her 3rd grade project. She used her brother's WALL*E robot as a guide to disguise a turkey to keep him from being eaten. :D http://richardbracki...585_ThTub-M.jpg

#56 OFFLINE   cygnusloop

cygnusloop

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 09:54 AM

This Blu-Ray now surpasses that rat movie as the best looking disc in my collection, animation or otherwise. Simply fantastic. The "digital copy" file included on the three-disc set is also kind of neat.

Although some folks tend to say it starts "slow", I think that first 22 minutes of the movie without a single word of dialog is perhaps some of the best cinema created in modern times. IMO, a great movie well worth owning on BD.

#57 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 32,419 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 05:15 PM

I agree that this is the new standard by which others will be measured (for now).

Drat....bought and viewed the Blu Ray version - fantastic.

The problem...now I have to order 2 more copies because my grandson and another relative wants their own copy too..... :D
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#58 OFFLINE   smiddy

smiddy

Tain't ogre til its ogre

• Registered
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 11:17 AM

Does anyone know the difference between the 2 disc and 3 disc BluRay versions?
Aaron 'smiddy' Smith

#59 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 37,032 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 11:19 AM

The 3 disc has a digital copy version so you can watch it on a computer or personal media player. That's usually the version I buy but in this case because it's so beautiful on BD I didn't bother, I won't watch it on an iPod.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#60 OFFLINE   smiddy

smiddy

Tain't ogre til its ogre

• Registered
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 11:35 AM

The 3 disc has a digital copy version so you can watch it on a computer or personal media player. That's usually the version I buy but in this case because it's so beautiful on BD I didn't bother, I won't watch it on an iPod.

Thanks! I just told Mrs. Smiddy to go pick it up at BB, they are giving away a game cube (not the electronic game, like a Rubik's Cude) for the Smiddelette's for Christmas.
Aaron 'smiddy' Smith

#61 OFFLINE   brant

brant

Icon

• Registered
  • 750 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 12:21 PM

i just saw wall-e at the theater a couple of weeks ago. i thought it was great and my 4yr old enjoyed it as well.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...