Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

722 constant reboot?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 07:16 PM

If you are talking about using the External Hard Drive Feature (Required one time 39.95 activation fee) then yes you can. You just need to plug your EHD in, copy the files and when you get your replacement 722 plug the EHD and you can access them directly off the EHD.

If you are talking about just copying them off the 722 and copying back on to your new 722. No you cannot do that.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   cshep35887@atlanticbb.net

cshep35887@atlanticbb.net

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 08:47 PM

Maybe I can do some conivin with Dish.I had a David Gilmore concert on #1 that I never did find again because they switched to paladia.I guess the best thing to do is pay the 39.95 and back everything up with the hdrive.
Thanks,Ron

#43 OFFLINE   cshep35887@atlanticbb.net

cshep35887@atlanticbb.net

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 08:52 PM

I guess I should have wrote,Thanks,Ron,Dave.

#44 OFFLINE   jude58

jude58

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 10:58 PM

Hello everyone!!
I am new to this board, but like most i am here looking for answers. My 722 and 508 have recently started rebooting at random intervals. I have installed DN systems for several years and most of the problems of this nature that i run across are cause by bad ground or just plain bad power coming into the home. The newer receivers cannot cope with fluctuations in the power source like the older models. I have a dedicated circuit just for my entertainment center and installed my system to specs. My problem started a few days after i received the new smart card in the mail and followed the instructions to update. Could this just be coincedence. Both boxes have run without a hitch for about a year. SO !! whats up with that, E* ????

#45 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 11:17 PM

SO !! whats up with that, E* ????

What did E* say when you asked them?
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#46 OFFLINE   Escher

Escher

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 01:31 AM

This thread is a few months old now but I wanted to share my experience. I have a 622 that did the constant reboot, I fixed it by getting a new power strip after reading here about the whole power surge fiasco. However, now when I try to view my external HD I get the message that its set up for another receiver and I need to delete all my events to continue. I contacted 2 different Dish techs and both told me I had no choice but to delete. I told them I've read about Dish being able to re-auth the receiver to allow the ext HD to work, but both said the receiver is auth'd, and for some reason the receiver doesn't recognize the ext HD after the reboot issue.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

spam firewall