Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Monster Cable Power Center

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,942 posts
  • LocationOutside Portland, ME

Posted 28 June 2008 - 01:22 PM

Anybody use these? Are they any good, and actually do what they claim? I'd like to trun my computer, TV, PS2, and HR20 through it. This is the specific one I'm looking at: http://www.amazon.co...J574UN&v=glance

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,434 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 28 June 2008 - 02:22 PM

I've used them.
They're prettty good.
They do what they claim.

However, I wouldn't use one anymore. Get yourself a good UPS instead.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#3 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,434 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 28 June 2008 - 02:56 PM

Yes, that too.

edit: OK, there was another post between my two posts originally but it seems to have disappeared. The post I was replying to said something to the effect of "you can buy power conditioners that are just as good, for cheaper"

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#4 OFFLINE   Richard King

Richard King

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 21,331 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 05:38 PM

I have one of these http://www.amazon.co...I/dp/B00004Y2ZF that I bought quite some time ago. I don't think that I would ever buy a Monster product with what I know about them today. I would look elsewhere.
The Pump Don't Work 'cause the Vandals Took the Handles.

#5 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 10:08 PM

I have had the basic Moster Power HTS 1600, for about a year and a half now, and I love it. While it hurt supporting Monster, their cables may be an overpriced sham, but the power protection is top notch. I use it for my HDTV, cable box, DVD player, HT receiver and the rest of my A/V gear. My two main computers are on APC UPS.
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

#6 OFFLINE   Cholly

Cholly

Old Guys Rule!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,439 posts
  • LocationIndian Trail, NC

Posted 29 June 2008 - 11:52 AM

I'd look at units by APC, TrippLite and Belkin before considering a Monster Cable product.

Charlie
--------------------

Family Room: Sony KDFE-55A20 55" LCD RPTV; Yamaha RX-V663 AVR. Paradigm speakers - Focus fronts, CC170 center, PDR-8 subwoofer, Atom surrounds, ADP rear center; TiVoRoamio Plus, LG BH200 HD DVD/Blu-ray player via HDMI to AVR
Bedroom: Vizio 42" 3D TV, Pioneer VSX-521-K AVR, Panasonic 3D DVD player, Energy Take Classic 5.1 speakers, Roku 2 XD, TiVo Premiere, Insignia HD radio tuner, Toshiba HD DVD player

spam firewall