Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

722 Loss Of Output

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Cap'n Preshoot

Cap'n Preshoot

Godfather

• Registered
  • 452 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 03:48 PM

We're on our 3rd 722, not because of any specific problem with any of the others, more from a "let's shotgun it" approach when the installer simply had no clue that the dish was mis-aligned. Alas, I digress..

We do have a 722 problem this time. Periodically we will simply lose all signal output (HDMI/Component) and it won't come back until we reboot. This has been happening about every 2~3 weeks or so.

We're both in our 60s and my wife is home alone all day and not technically inclined. I get a call at work "The !%#@*&$ TV is out again" - note here the use of the word again

The 722 is on a shelf out in the open, so it shouldn't be a heat problem.

When we lose the output, the 722 remains "on" but the signal is gone. You cannot pull up any menus or anything. All you can do is reboot it.

I'll be honest, I've been a Dish customer only since last December and frankly my wife and I are getting pretty fed up with all this "handholding" we have to do with our Dish Network equipment. This is BS. Rebooting, rebooting and rebooting. Re-teaching the switch and more rebooting.

Is everyone else putting up with this crap too or have we somehow been singled-out? How often are the rest of you having to reboot? And why are we having to reboot at all? This is nonsense.

We're also a little annoyed with the amount of time it takes the system to recover from rain fade. Gee whiz, is it really necessary every time to painstakingly reacquire all of the transponders and then re-download the guide? Judas Priest, we never had this much trouble with D*.

L511 software if that matters

We're really getting tired of it.

Please help! All we want to do is watch TV and have reliable equipment.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 04:27 PM

I'll be honest, I've been a Dish customer only since last December and frankly my wife and I are getting pretty fed up with all this "handholding" we have to do with our Dish Network equipment. This is BS. Rebooting, rebooting and rebooting. Re-teaching the switch and more rebooting. ....

Have you even called Dish Tech Support? What did they say?

#3 OFFLINE   Cap'n Preshoot

Cap'n Preshoot

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 452 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 04:58 PM

Have you even called Dish Tech Support? What did they say?

Yes. Of course the problem isn't happening when I call. It's interrupting something we're watching, so the goal here is to get it back on as soon as possible (typically 5 mins for it to go through all the steps that it seemingly has to... grrr)

So no, I haven't called while the problem is occurring because I'm going to be on hold for several minutes waiting for them to tell me what I already know.... reboot it.

If you have a better solution I'm willing to listen.

I'm also going to close this discussion out as I've opened a similar thread in the software forum. Maybe someone there has an idea.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...