Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Black Gold

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,763 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 29 June 2008 - 06:51 PM

Anyone else watch the first 2 episodes on TNT today? Interesting that its filmed in HD, but the rest of the series will be shown on TruTV in SD (todays shows were both in HD on TNT).

Learned a lot about how oil rigs work though.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,442 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 29 June 2008 - 09:20 PM

Been watching this on tru for the last 2 weeks. Liking it so far. Didn't realize those guys made so much money (or that they're all alcoholics). The only thing I don't like is that we also watch Axe Men and Ice Road Truckers. The three shows are just too similar (same announcer, format, etc.). I wish they'd make the three shows a bit different.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#3 OFFLINE   jodyguercio

jodyguercio

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:03 AM

Weve been watching as well. Not getting the Ice Road/ Deadliest Catch vibe yet. Im sure that if this goes for a few more season that they'll all run pretty much the same. Still its good summertime tv. Wouldnt make it in our house during the fall.

#4 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,266 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:06 PM

Yep, we're watching, too. I wish we had Tru in HD, but airing it on TNT every once in a while helps me enjoy it better. It would be nice if TNT re-aired the whole series in HD.
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#5 OFFLINE   sattec

sattec

Godfather

• Registered
  • 261 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:10 PM

the public is learning a producing well can be "brought in" in 6 months. :)
MDU only.

#6 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,266 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:27 PM

the public is learning a producing well can be "brought in" in 6 months. :)

I've been concentrating on the characters and haven't really gleaned much practical knowledge about the industry. I'm sure that'll come in time. After all, before Axemen, I didn't know the difference between a Bullbucker and a Butt. :)
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#7 OFFLINE   jodyguercio

jodyguercio

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 01:05 PM

Bumping this thread because I just found out the show is coming back tonight at 10E on TruTV.

http://www.trutv.com...gold/index.html
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown

LIVE SIMPLE, LOVE GENEROUSLY , CARE DEEPLY, SPEAK KINDLY AND LEAVE THE REST TO GOD

#8 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 01:10 PM

The DVR is already set.:)

#9 OFFLINE   jodyguercio

jodyguercio

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 09:15 AM

OK so maybe we should've skipped it this season,
Spoiler

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown

LIVE SIMPLE, LOVE GENEROUSLY , CARE DEEPLY, SPEAK KINDLY AND LEAVE THE REST TO GOD

#10 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 09:30 AM

I agree. I only got to watch about 15 minutes last night, but it looks like a different show.

If Cheston wants to be taken seriously, dump the Mercedes and get a truck.

#11 OFFLINE   dave29

dave29

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,840 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 12:07 PM

Haven't watched the new eppy yet. Planning on it tonight. I liked this show last year, and there is nothing else on right now anyway.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...