Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

722 Locked recordings

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   big67red

big67red

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 06:29 PM

Somehow I, or the DVR, has choose to mark a number of recordings that I am making on a daily basis as locked. I am not recording a locked channel. But the DVR says they are locked. Any idea how to remove the lock, other than a case by case basis?

Also how do you tell the DVR to stop recording something you have set up as a daily recording, on a permanent basis?

Big67red

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Ken Green

Ken Green

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:18 PM

Somehow I, or the DVR, has choose to mark a number of recordings that I am making on a daily basis as locked. I am not recording a locked channel. But the DVR says they are locked. Any idea how to remove the lock, other than a case by case basis?

Also how do you tell the DVR to stop recording something you have set up as a daily recording, on a permanent basis?

Big67red

Big67red,
Other members have run into this issue, and I've seen the work-around posted. I don't think it's ever been established the cause. Have a look at this thread:
http://www.dbstalk.c...417#post1650417
ViP722 - ViP622² - ViP612 - ViP211 - 510
Slingbox SOLO
Dish 1000+ 110/118/119/129 - HD Locals/118w - DPP44²
EHDD - 750g/500g - Broadband via HomePlug
Sony 51" HDRPTV² - Dell 23" HD LCD - Sharp Aquos 17" HD LCD
OTA - Winegard HD9095P - 55 miles

#3 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:22 PM

Big67red

If you're asking how to unprotect a block of recordings, from the My Recordings menu, select Edit and mark each one then select Unprotect.
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#4 OFFLINE   dbrakob

dbrakob

Godfather

• Registered
  • 263 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:53 PM

Big67red

Delete the timer.

spam firewall