Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Advanced SEARCH/AUTORECORD Help & Discussion

• Please log in to reply
603 replies to this topic

#581 OFFLINE   kenkahn

kenkahn

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:29 PM

There is also another problem with your search, CCHAN needs to be CCHANS, CCHAN no longer works correctly.  It was changed to CCHANS a update or 2 ago.  Unfortunately unless I mis-counted that would put your search at 52 chars after you correct the PAINS one as well.  I recently started using the show type=series choice as well and it does help eliminate some unwanted matches.

When you say "no ;longer works correctly" does this mean at all or 'iffy'.  The couple of searches I've set up that use CCHAN seem to be working OK, i.e. limiting selections to the specified channel, but am I just lucky so far?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#582 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 22,418 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:34 PM

I don't subscribe to MLB channels, but occasionally The Tigers are on regular channels (ESPN, FOX, etc.).

What would I set up to record the Detroit Tigers games that happen to be shown Nationally?

My guess is you'll need one for each of the possible channels. E.g:

tigers CCHANS 206 & Sports, Baseball

tigers CCHANS 5 & Sports, Baseball

(Second one is Fox in NY.)

/steve

#583 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,427 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of.  Of course, there's probably 4 or 5 channels that are possibilities.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#584 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 22,418 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:48 PM

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of.  Of course, there's probably 4 or 5 channels that are possibilities.

Ya too bad we can't put multiple single channels behind a CCHANS. As you know, two #s separated by a space are interpreted as a range.

Be nice if they could treat them as separate channels and let us use a "<" to indicate a range. (I keep hoping we can use "-" for OTA channels someday. :P) Prolly not gonna happen tho, because it looks like they're putting all their search R&D into IP devices. Nothing wrong with that, but would be nice to have it all.

/steve

#585 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,427 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:53 PM

So, maybe I could do this:

tigers CCHANS 4 249 & Sports, Baseball

That would cover everything between my locals and the turner channels and exclude all the baseball subscription channels?  I think that would pretty much cover everything.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#586 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:39 AM

For Tigers I believe you would want the CCHANS to be something like CCHANS 2 663 to cover FOX Soorts Detroit if thats the correct channel number, that leaves out all the MLB channels if they are still in the 700's.  I believe you would also want something like live or events etc in the search unless you want to catch all the pre-game and talking heads commentaries.

Edited by CCarncross, 25 April 2013 - 06:39 AM.

#587 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 22,418 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:19 AM

So, maybe I could do this:

tigers CCHANS 4 249 & Sports, Baseball

That would cover everything between my locals and the turner channels and exclude all the baseball subscription channels? I think that would pretty much cover everything.

Nice! Should have thought of that myself.
/steve

#588 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 22,418 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:26 AM

For Tigers I believe you would want the CCHANS to be something like CCHANS 2 663 to cover FOX Soorts Detroit if thats the correct channel number, that leaves out all the MLB channels if they are still in the 700's. I believe you would also want something like live or events etc in the search unless you want to catch all the pre-game and talking heads commentaries.

Good point.

AALL tigers live CCHANS nnn nnn
/steve

#589 OFFLINE   Carlucci

Carlucci

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:50 PM

I'm not having any luck setting an autorecord for ALL of the FIFA World cup matches.  I want to automatically record all the matches on ESPN and my local ABC affiliate. 

When I use AALL FIFA WORLD CCHANS 206 209 13, I get the matches in the list (as a sub-listing, which I think is the problem), but nothing is showing up in my to-do list. 

Any pro-tips on how to pull this off?

#590 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 22,418 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:01 PM

I'm not having any luck setting an autorecord for ALL of the FIFA World cup matches.  I want to automatically record all the matches on ESPN and my local ABC affiliate. 

When I use AALL FIFA WORLD CCHANS 206 209 13, I get the matches in the list (as a sub-listing, which I think is the problem), but nothing is showing up in my to-do list. 

As far as the To Do List goes, sometimes entries don't appear until the day of the recording. As long as the games you want show up when you run the AUTORECORD search, they'll likely populate To Do at the last minute.

Regarding the CCHANS, if you want 13, 206 and 209, you'll have to say AALL FIFA WORLD CCHANS 13 209 {and take anything in between as well). I don't have DIRECTV service ATM, so I can't test, but I'll bet that you're not seeing any results on 13 with that search as constructed above.

/steve

#591 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,822 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:11 PM

That search works pretty well it seems, and a keyword search for FIFA with categories Sports, Soccer also seems to pull up a lot. 

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#592 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,685 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:44 PM

I'm not having any luck setting an autorecord for ALL of the FIFA World cup matches. I want to automatically record all the matches on ESPN and my local ABC affiliate.

Do you have a genie?

#593 OFFLINE   Carlucci

Carlucci

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:16 PM

Do you have a genie?

Yes, I have the genie.  Is it different?

#594 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,685 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:32 AM

Yes, I have the genie. Is it different?

Yes actually it is.

Highlight one of the games in the guide and hit info then choose record series. Not season record.

Set the options you'd like (type stop late etc. I think they will all be live but I'd do all instead of live just to be sure and pad 3 hours).

When you select record series it'll pop up another screen asking if you wanted to record on this channel only or on all channels choose all channels and you are set.

:)

Happy watching!!! Should be an interesting World Cup this year.

#595 OFFLINE   Carlucci

Carlucci

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:53 PM

Yes actually it is.

Highlight one of the games in the guide and hit info then choose record series. Not season record.

Set the options you'd like (type stop late etc. I think they will all be live but I'd do all instead of live just to be sure and pad 3 hours).

When you select record series it'll pop up another screen asking if you wanted to record on this channel only or on all channels choose all channels and you are set.

:)

Happy watching!!! Should be an interesting World Cup this year.

Thanks.  I did just as you stated, and it seems set, but I don't see any of the recordings, except the one I used to initialize it, in the to-do list, nor are they marked for record in the guide.  Should I just trust it to pick them up?

#596 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,685 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:39 PM

Yeah it will get them.  Look latter tonight, and you will see it grab games on both espn and espn2 tomorrow morning.  It doesn't populate immediately. Also make sure that you don't have any conflicts..  ;)

#597 OFFLINE   SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer

Icon

• Registered
  • 946 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:59 PM

Search doesn't work at all lol. Do a search for "Pawn Stars". All you get is 20 episodes with the last airing on Sunday. Funny enough, if I jump to Thursday in the guide 6pm history channel, the episodes are right there. Search can't find 'em though.

#598 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,113 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:33 AM

On my HR24 I just typed in Pawn. Moved to the right and highlighted Pawn Stars and pressed Select. It found 105 entries.

I get the same results if I type in the whole Pawn Stars and choose Show for the search.

I am not connected to the internet with my TVs.

Edit / Add: I have moved to the den and another HR24. I did the search for pawn Stars and it returned 107 entries.

Edited by jimmie57, 05 July 2014 - 10:40 AM.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#599 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 22,418 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 05:56 AM

I'm not sure how the TMS  data gets populated and indexed, but it may be in two phases. E.g., it may go into the guide grid first and get indexed for searching at a later time. If so, it's possible SledgeHammer searched in between the two steps and that Thursday will show up in today's search results, assuming the box hasn't double-rebooted in the interim or new software was downloaded.

/steve

#600 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,685 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:06 AM

Search doesn't work at all lol. Do a search for "Pawn Stars". All you get is 20 episodes with the last airing on Sunday. Funny enough, if I jump to Thursday in the guide 6pm history channel, the episodes are right there. Search can't find 'em though.

t

Are you Internet connected? And does matter if it finds them two weeks out as long as it actually records them in the future as it's set too?

spam firewall