Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Advanced SEARCH/AUTORECORD Help & Discussion

• Please log in to reply
603 replies to this topic

#601 OFFLINE   SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:31 AM

On my HR24 I just typed in Pawn. Moved to the right and highlighted Pawn Stars and pressed Select. It found 105 entries.

I get the same results if I type in the whole Pawn Stars and choose Show for the search.

I am not connected to the internet with my TVs.

Edit / Add: I have moved to the den and another HR24. I did the search for pawn Stars and it returned 107 entries.

105/107 actually sounds kind of low for Pawn Stars. But I'm still only getting 20 eps / 8 vod and they are all SD eps. Someone on another thread suggested I do the CLEARMYBOX keyword trick, so I did that yesterday. Possible it's not been fully indexed yet. It did fix problems I was having with another show though. However, I'm still not getting any Pawn Star eps past Sunday.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#602 OFFLINE   SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:32 AM

t

Are you Internet connected? And does matter if it finds them two weeks out as long as it actually records them in the future as it's set too?

Yeah, I'm internet connected.

I know its not the most efficient way lol, but I like to use the search to pick eps. So if search is broken, that's a big problem for me.

#603 OFFLINE   SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:52 AM

P.S. the DirecTV iPhone app finds a few hundred Pawn Stars eps.

#604 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,193 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:53 AM

So you pick shows individually? Shoot I'd set a limit of ten let it record them all then delete the ones I didn't want myself. Search all the time for that is way to much work! :lol:

Just as a test, disconnect from the internet and see what happens.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...