Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Accessing LIST with no programming???

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   MONSTERMAN

MONSTERMAN

Godfather

• Registered
  • 254 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 11:22 PM

Hello,
I've seen this thread in here before but I couldn't remember the answer and I can't find the thread.

I put my HR21-700 in suspension and still want to watch a few things on the list but I can't access the list. It says DVR service not activated, also three separate technical service agent guys from DIRECTV said you must have DVR service activated. :mad:

DIRECTV tech agents also said the same thing about my R15-500, but I can access the list with that receiver (DIRECTV agents said it's a fluke).:nono:

QUESTION: Is there some trick to accessing the LIST when you don't have any programming (temporarily in suspension). There must be a way, I mean it is stored on the hard drive...

Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   K4SMX

K4SMX

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 11:42 PM

I think you need to put the LIST on screen, put the receiver on a UPS, disconnect the antennas before you put it in suspension, and never turn it off.....:)

You can have 2 suspension per year. Is it worth "unsuspending" it for a month's bill to try that? Maybe not.....
Stew in Florida

HR21-100 (eSATA: Seagate Barracuda 750gb/Antec MX-1), Mitsubishi LT-46131 (HDMI), Onkyo A/V (optical), Slingbox Pro/WLI-TX4-G54HP
HR20-700 (eSATA: FreeAgent Pro 750gb), Mitsubishi LT-46131 (HDMI), Pioneer A/V (optical)
HR20-700, Mitsubishi LT-37132 (HDMI), Sony A/V (optical)
HR20-700, Mitsubishi WD-65731 (HDMI)
H20-600 (x 2)

#3 OFFLINE   turey22

turey22

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 12:32 AM

if you unsuspend remember that to suspend again you will need to have your amount due to 0. as far as i know you have to have dvr service active.

#4 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,274 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 12 July 2008 - 01:11 AM

What might have happened is that your receiver was connected when you had it removed from service. When you do that, DirecTV sends a signal down to the receiver to shut it down and makes accessing any recordings impossible. You need to disconnect your receiver from the dish prior to having the receiver deactivated in order to be able to watch old recordings on it.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#5 OFFLINE   EricJRW

EricJRW

Icon

• Registered
  • 507 posts
  • LocationKeller, TX

Posted 12 July 2008 - 07:34 AM

What might have happened is that your receiver was connected when you had it removed from service. When you do that, DirecTV sends a signal down to the receiver to shut it down and makes accessing any recordings impossible. You need to disconnect your receiver from the dish prior to having the receiver deactivated in order to be able to watch old recordings on it.

- Merg

That makes sense... Signal can shut the box down... Remove cable, block signal... Until the timer expires (see linkage).

Will these DVRs play back without a satellite hookup? <--- linkage

DTV: SIR-TS360 7/25/2004
DTV: HR21-200 7/05/2008

DTV: AM21-700 7/10/2008
DTV: HR22-100 5/15/2009

FTV: QIP6416/QIP2500 4/25/2013

#6 OFFLINE   MONSTERMAN

MONSTERMAN

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 254 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 12:54 AM

- Merg

Damn I was thinking that. Thanks Merg. You think they will let me unsuspend for a few minutes to disconnect my cables then suspend again telling them my dilemma. If not, I guess I'll have to unsuspend again for an hour then re suspend (will be the second and last time I'll have to do it). I shouldn't be charged for the whole month since I don't owe any monies right? Now I remember I had the R15-500 not hooked up, crap.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...