Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

0x255 Software creating Issues with R22 Recievers

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dkouz

dkouz

AllStar

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:27 PM

R22-100

After installation, receiver stuck in 480p pillar box. This resulted in every program being compressed with gray bars on the side. With the R22 the HDTV options in the setup are disabled, so there is no way to change it back. Also, now when the format button is pressed something comes up like 'HDTV is disabled'.

[Edit] A call to ISS yesterday found that D* has found a temporary fix for this. 'Reset Everything' in the reset sub-menu of the system setup does the trick, be aware that this wipes out settings, scheduled recordings, and probably some other items.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   sundude90

sundude90

Legend

• Registered
  • 226 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 02:57 PM

R22-100

My local Channels don't show up in the guide, and I can't tune to them at all. But it will still record them. I called up DirecTv and they said it was a Software Issue and is being fixed. But now I have to wait for them to fix it, which might take a while.

Channel Change is still very slow!!!

#3 OFFLINE   cartrivision

cartrivision

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,862 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 05:56 PM

R22-100

After installation, receiver stuck in 480p pillar box. This resulted in every program being compressed with gray bars on the side. With the R22 the HDTV options in the setup are disabled, so there is no way to change it back. Also, now when the format button is pressed something comes up like 'HDTV is disabled'.

Saw the same thing on my HR20-100 with the latest software update. Cycling through the resolutions with the RES button on the front of the DVR got mine unstuck from 480.

#4 OFFLINE   gulfwarvet

gulfwarvet

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 08:15 PM

Saw the same thing on my HR20-100 with the latest software update. Cycling through the resolutions with the RES button on the front of the DVR got mine unstuck from 480.

just as a note:

that fix will sometimes work with a HR2X's series. however, that will not fix the R22-100 issue, for it is also deactivated.
DBSTalk Chat Room Moderator

#5 OFFLINE   cartrivision

cartrivision

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,862 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 11:41 PM

just as a note:

that fix will sometimes work with a HR2X's series. however, that will not fix the R22-100 issue, for it is also deactivated.

When an R22 is operating correctly, can it be set to output 480p?

#6 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 11:53 AM

When an R22 is operating correctly, can it be set to output 480p?

The R22-100 automatically selects 480p.That's the only resolution button that will light up.So no matter if it's hooked up with HDMI/Component it's 480p.Now with S-Video and AV connections my 480i RPTV gets a picture though it's does not have the clarity of the picture on my R15-500.;)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...