Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

XM Satellite says subscriber count tops 9.7 mln

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Richard King

Richard King

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 21,331 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 06:54 AM

http://www.reuters.c...usbeforethebell

XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc (XMSR.O: Quote, Profile, Research, Stock Buzz) said on Monday that it had added 322,000 new net subscribers in the second quarter and now has about 9.7 million.

The total represents a 17 percent increase in subscribers since the end of the second quarter of 2007, said XM, which is in the process of being acquired by rival broadcaster Sirius Satellite Radio (SIRI.O: Quote, Profile, Research, Stock Buzz).

More....
The Pump Don't Work 'cause the Vandals Took the Handles.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 02:41 AM

http://www.reuters.c...usbeforethebell
More....

I will be the first to admit I know nothing about business mergers of any kind. So I really don't understand why the company that had the most customers from what I have read was bought by the other company :confused: And also from what I have read that I can understand both companies are close to drowning in red ink. So now we just have one company, but isn't all that red ink still there?

#3 OFFLINE   Jin So

Jin So

Mentor

• Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 03:26 AM

sorta like how Kmart bought Sears,

#4 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:45 PM

sorta like how Kmart bought Sears,

As I recall K-Mart had been having some money problems, but when it came to just size I believe they had a lot more stores than Sears. But I could be mistaken about that. In fact knowing me and business news I probably am mistaken :lol:

Protected By... spam firewall...And...