Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

OTA Channel Guide Issue Thread

• Please log in to reply
616 replies to this topic

#421 OFFLINE   Taltizer

Taltizer

Legend

• Registered
  • 189 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:09 PM

DMA - Roanoke/Lynchburg Va. WSLS 10 (NBC)

Missing Sub Channel 10-3 ME TV launched over a month ago

It does still show 24-1 It has been off the air for almost a year

It does still show 38-4 that has been off the air for sometime now because it was dropped when 38-1 ION HD was launched from SD to HD which Directv hasnt added to our local HD lineup.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#422 OFFLINE   tkrandall

tkrandall

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:33 AM

DMA - Roanoke/Lynchburg Va. WSLS 10 (NBC)

Missing Sub Channel 10-3 ME TV launched over a month ago

It does still show 24-1 It has been off the air for almost a year

It does still show 38-4 that has been off the air for sometime now because it was dropped when 38-1 ION HD was launched from SD to HD which Directv hasnt added to our local HD lineup.

Come on DirecTV! This OTA guide issue, and handicapping of the OTA tuners to a channel database, is getting very old. Please get your act together on this. Integrated OTA tuning is a product you offer, so please support it adequately.

Edited by tkrandall, 13 July 2011 - 08:55 PM.

#423 OFFLINE   gcd0865

gcd0865

Legend

• Registered
  • 128 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 09:40 PM

DMA - Detroit, MI

CIII channel 22 (Global Network) from Stevenson, Ontario, Canada has just flash-cut (remaining on channel 22) from analog to 1080i HD digital broadcasting, and is coming in here (northern Detroit suburbs) just fine with my outside antenna on my tv's internal tuner on 22.1/22.1 (no other subchannels).

This is the first of four nearby Canadian stations I expect to receive in digital HD via antenna as they all switch by the August 31 deadline. The other three are:

CICO 32.1/32.1 (TVOntario) - Windsor, Ontario (expected August 18)
CBET 9.1/9.1 (CBC) - Windsor, Ontario (expected August 31)
CHWI 16.1/16.1 (A Network) - Wheatley, Ontario (expected August 31)

I sent a message this evening to Tribune/zap2it.com (which currently shows CIII as analog 22 and includes all of its program listings) to advise them that the station has flash-cut to digital HD on 22.1 and that the analog version of this channel is now gone. I also advised that I am a DirecTV subscriber in the metro Detroit DMA using the AM21 over-the-air receiver, and am hoping that CIII 22.1 and its program guide data will be shown in my AM21 on-screen guide shortly as part of the available metro Detroit over-the-air station listings.

I'll also provide further updates as the remaining 3 Canadian stations convert to digital. Is there anything else I can/should do to help with these updates?

#424 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,647 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:15 AM

DMA - Detroit, MI

I'll also provide further updates as the remaining 3 Canadian stations convert to digital. Is there anything else I can/should do to help with these updates?

Given the supposed shortage of Guide memory capacity, and the fact that these are Canadian stations, I think it's very unlikely that DirecTV will add them. But keep us posted.
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#425 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:20 PM

The attached Excel provides all the OTA channels as discovered by doctor j on 8/24/11.

There are some 3,862 records, ordered by your Local-Into-Local or DIRECTV Network number. If you do not know your LIL Network number, see the TPN Map thread. In the Excel posted is a tab or 'sheet' labeld "LIL Market List" that will give you all the information you need.

EDIT 8/30/11 See new post with updated OTA data.

Edited by gct, 30 August 2011 - 04:54 PM.
deleting attachment - see new post with fresh data

#426 OFFLINE   Go Beavs

Go Beavs

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,343 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR DMA

Posted 25 August 2011 - 10:18 PM

The attached Excel provides all the OTA channels as discovered by doctor j on 8/24/11.

There are some 3,862 records, ordered by your Local-Into-Local or DIRECTV Network number. If you do not know your LIL Network number, see the TPN Map thread. In the Excel posted is a tab or 'sheet' labeld "LIL Market List" that will give you all the information you need.

gct, thanks for compiling this information. You guys do a hellava job on these lists!

One question for this transponder map... In the previous OTA version back in December, we could see the virtual (display) channel as well and the actual RF channel. Is that info still there?

It may be useful to some people looking to tune in OTA channels not included in the guide data.

Thanks for all your work!

Genie, Hx2x, nomad
D* customer since Oct '99

#427 OFFLINE   tkrandall

tkrandall

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:47 PM

gct, my thanks as well.

Where is this data extracted from?

#428 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:52 PM

Attached is the OTA data for folks served by DIRECTV-LA (thats Latin America).

Data is from data collected by Eduardo on 8/15/11. As I understand it, the AM21 is just now beginning to be marketed to the LatinAm market. I'm sure we will see much growth in this area as AM21 sales begin to move.

#429 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:56 PM

... In the previous OTA version back in December, we could see the virtual (display) channel as well and the actual RF channel. Is that info still there?

Beavs,

You are right that data is missing in the current records both for the US Domestic Data and for the DIRECTV LatinAm data.

We are going back to the raw binary to see if that information is still being provided or if a change in our parsing and interpretation software is the culprit.

We will keep you posted.

#430 OFFLINE   Go Beavs

Go Beavs

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,343 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 11:24 PM

Beavs,

You are right that data is missing in the current records both for the US Domestic Data and for the DIRECTV LatinAm data.

We are going back to the raw binary to see if that information is still being provided or if a change in our parsing and interpretation software is the culprit.

We will keep you posted.

Thanks gct and co. I appreciate the effort!

Genie, Hx2x, nomad

#431 OFFLINE   tonymus

tonymus

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 03:07 PM

I found a station (possibly new) not in the spreadsheet:

Network Name Channel Satellite Recv_Display LIL_Market

597 WTICDT2 61_2 Over The Air OTA 86

#432 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:07 PM

Folks,

This is an updated OTA/LIL listing. There were some glitches in the previous post of 8/24 OTA data. This version also provides both the RF channel and the virtual (display) channel.

We learned that we must run the binary interpretation software with the specific OTA option get the full data records.

This run also corrected a record error with Network 677 and 678.

Regrettably, only OTA data is provided. A combination of OTA and LIL records causes the Excel to exceed file size limitations.

Edited by gct, 09 September 2011 - 07:27 PM.
deleted excel - see new listing posted 9/9/11

#433 OFFLINE   gcd0865

gcd0865

Legend

• Registered
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:40 AM

DMA - Detroit, MI

Further to my previous message from August 9th, I just sent a follow-up message to Tribune/zap2it.com advising that all of the following neighboring Canadian stations are now broadcasting in digital form, and receivable via antenna here in metro Detroit, as a result of last night's mandatory Canadian digital conversion deadline:

CBET 9.1/9.1 (CBC) - Windsor, Ontario
CHWI 16.1/16.1 (CTV Two, formerly A Network) - Wheatley, Ontario
CIII 22.1/22.1 (Global) - Stevenson, Ontario
CHWI 26.1/26.1 (CTV Two) - Windsor, Ontario (local repeater for CHWI-16)
CICA 32.1/32.1 (TVOntario) - Windsor, Ontario

My message to Tribune/zap2it.com again advised that I am a DirecTV subscriber in the metro Detroit DMA using the AM21 over-the-air receiver, and am hoping that all of these stations and their program guide data will be shown in my AM21 on-screen guide shortly as part of the available metro Detroit over-the-air station listings.

#434 OFFLINE   sore_bluto

sore_bluto

Godfather

• Registered
  • 440 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:08 PM

I know I am beating a dead horse by posting in this utterly useless thread, but WGNO-DT2 26.2 on UHF 26 in New Orleans has been on the air and listed on zap2it/TMS since the beginning of the year and it still not in the DIRECTV database. It is pure fantasy that anyone from DIRECTV has ever seen this thread. This thread should be locked and deleted.
HR20-700 + OTA, HR20-700, HR24-200, R15-300, 5LNB Ka/Ku AU9-S

#435 OFFLINE   computersecguy

computersecguy

Legend

• Registered
  • 108 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 05:57 PM

Will you post if you get it to work? I think there are many of us that are looking for the secret to get our local channels added.

DMA - Detroit, MI

Further to my previous message from August 9th, I just sent a follow-up message to Tribune/zap2it.com advising that all of the following neighboring Canadian stations are now broadcasting in digital form, and receivable via antenna here in metro Detroit, as a result of last night's mandatory Canadian digital conversion deadline:

CBET 9.1/9.1 (CBC) - Windsor, Ontario
CHWI 16.1/16.1 (CTV Two, formerly A Network) - Wheatley, Ontario
CIII 22.1/22.1 (Global) - Stevenson, Ontario
CHWI 26.1/26.1 (CTV Two) - Windsor, Ontario (local repeater for CHWI-16)
CICA 32.1/32.1 (TVOntario) - Windsor, Ontario

My message to Tribune/zap2it.com again advised that I am a DirecTV subscriber in the metro Detroit DMA using the AM21 over-the-air receiver, and am hoping that all of these stations and their program guide data will be shown in my AM21 on-screen guide shortly as part of the available metro Detroit over-the-air station listings.

#436 OFFLINE   djzack67

djzack67

Icon

• Registered
  • 899 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:00 PM

Still missing a few in Chicago two
Waiting for
BBCA HD

#437 OFFLINE   twiseguy

twiseguy

Legend

• Registered
  • 165 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 03:19 PM

Cleveland WEWS 5.2 The Live Well Network is now up and running.

Not my cup of tea, but add another channel to the ever expanding list of available OTA not available on AM21.

Why did I pay that $50 again........?

#438 OFFLINE   Go Beavs

Go Beavs

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,343 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:20 AM

Folks,

This is an updated OTA/LIL listing. There were some glitches in the previous post of 8/24 OTA data. This version also provides both the RF channel and the virtual (display) channel.

We learned that we must run the binary interpretation software with the specific OTA option get the full data records.

This run also corrected a record error with Network 677 and 678.

Regrettably, only OTA data is provided. A combination of OTA and LIL records causes the Excel to exceed file size limitations.

I got a chance to browse trough this data and found that NET 647 through NET 661 are missing the RF channel in the TPN column. It looks like the NET #'s were copied into the TPN column.

Another interesting note... I see there is no listing in the table for MNT affiliate KPDX, channel 49 in Portland, OR. It is definitely available in DIRECTV's OTA guide data as I have guide data for it and can tune to it with the AM-21. All the other PDX data seems correct.

Thanks gct

Genie, Hx2x, nomad

#439 OFFLINE   jimmyt

jimmyt

Legend

• Registered
  • 223 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:00 AM

add 9-3 WCPO Live Well in Cincinnati to the missing list...

#440 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:03 PM

I got a chance to browse trough this data and found that NET 647 through NET 661 are missing the RF channel in the TPN column. It looks like the NET #'s were copied into the TPN column.

Another interesting note... I see there is no listing in the table for MNT affiliate KPDX, channel 49 in Portland, OR. It is definitely available in DIRECTV's OTA guide data as I have guide data for it and can tune to it with the AM-21. All the other PDX data seems correct.

Thanks gct

Beavs,

i am sorry about the errors. We had moved to new binary interpreter software - and as often happens, it had some bad hiccup problems.

I replaced last week's TPN MAP with one that was created with an earlier software version. And the present, 9/8 TPN MAP has been created with an earlier software version too. The problems in that new software were also reflected in the OTA data.

NOW: doctor j just this morning (9/9) has re-run the binary data using yet more updated (and hopefully corrected) software. I hope later today or tomorrow to have a whole new run, in a little different format, ready to post.

And truly - thanks very much for your help!
gct

Protected By... spam firewall...And...