Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

OTA Channel Guide Issue Thread

• Please log in to reply
602 replies to this topic

#561 OFFLINE   gcd0865

gcd0865

Legend

• Registered
  • 128 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

Sent a message to DirecTV advising that WEYI 25.1 (NBC) from Saginaw, MI is not receivable with my AM21, even though 25.2 comes in just fine (as do the other stations in that neighboring market). Real channel assignments for these subchannels are 30.1 and 30.2, respectively. I'm assuming that DirecTV's real channel assignment for 25.1 in its database is somehow defective, but DirecTV responded with a canned e-mail response advising that it could be due to a number of factors and that I should call technical support to go through some troubleshooting steps. Anyone else in the Saginaw, MI DMA having this same problem?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#562 OFFLINE   twiseguy

twiseguy

Legend

• Registered
  • 161 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

Akron Oh. ION TV WVPX 23.4 has been added to the database. It looks like it is simply a West Coast feed of 23.3 ION Life, but not real sure, since it has a LOAD of Infomercials.

This is the second Cleveland-Akron subchannel added to the database (WEWS 5.2 Live Well) after DTV told me there wasn`t any room to add more channels. So we still can`t get Antenna TV from WJW 8.2 in Cleveland 3 years after the sign on.

#563 OFFLINE   KSbugeater

KSbugeater

Godfather

• Registered
  • 308 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:18 AM

Interesting: there are some OTA channels in a neighboring DMA that are not in the database. So I looked through gct's TPN MAP database and saw that Chicago had channels that matched the true RF channels I wanted. I reran Initial Setup and replaced my primary market with Chicago, expecting to lose my existing home market stations. Instead, it kept my old primary market stations and just added a handful of Chicago stations, JUST IN THE SLOTS OF THE MISSING CHANNELS (Chicago has 40+ stations, most were not added to my list). This is actually a better result than I had hoped for: the holes got filled (the program info is wrong, but at least I can tune them now) and I didn't lose what I had. Is my HR20-700 smart enough to only add channels that have signal? I thought only HR34s had that ability.

#564 OFFLINE   Tom Servo

Tom Servo

Icon

• Registered
  • 933 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

When I put in the zip code for the nearest town (Foley, AL) I get everything except WDPM (Daystar) which is relatively new and low power and…

WALA Fox 10 - which was the first digital broadcaster in the market, if not the state. Weird that they'd be completely left out of the listings on the AM21.

#565 OFFLINE   PAULSTORM

PAULSTORM

Mentor

• Registered
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

I have a DIRECTV AM21N Off-Air Dual Tuner to pick up the local OTA signals. Yesterday, the local OTA channels disappeared from my lineup. I went thru the setup again on the Satellite/Antenna and entered my zip code. Now it only lists a few of the local OTA signals in the guide and not the entire DMA's signals. I'm in the Lincoln-Hastings-Kearney, Nebraska DMA.

Any suggestions to get all of them listed again?

I see there was some sort of upgrade yesterday. Did that mess it up?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by PAULSTORM, 05 April 2013 - 11:02 AM.

#566 OFFLINE   Juanus

Juanus

Legend

• Registered
  • 162 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

Something happened with the Lincoln stations because I looked today and on DirecTV, Ch 25 was MNT and the programming has moved to channel 4 and is the KSNB network. According to wikipedia, "On April 1, 2013, the station took the MyNetworkTV affiliation previously held by the second digital subchannels of both KOLN and KGIN"
I don't know what that all means, but its a change in the local channels and maybe it is affecting you also.

#567 OFFLINE   mnassour

mnassour

Icon

• Registered
  • 766 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:41 PM

Something new on the Fox front.....

My local Fox O&O as well as a lot of others will be launching "Fox Movies" on their .2 signals come Monday, Memorial Day.  Has anyone heard anything from DirecTV on whether these .2 signals will be available through the guide (and available for recording) for those of us who have OTA capability?

#568 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 17,820 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:12 AM

For those who missed the Fox Movies! announcement:

http://broadcastengi...dtv-subchannels

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#569 ONLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,162 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:44 AM

Still no TMS data for 5-2 (WWORDT2) here in NY, although the channel is now broadcasting Movies! content. What I'm seeing on 5-2 is a duplicate of the 5-1 (WNYWDT) data.

/steve

#570 ONLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,658 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:35 PM

Still no TMS data for 5-2 (WWORDT2) here in NY, although the channel is now broadcasting Movies! content. What I'm seeing on 5-2 is a duplicate of the 5-1 (WNYWDT) data.

Actually it's a little more complicated than that. The former 5-2 (WWORDT2) that was an SD simulcast of WNYW moved to 5-3, still coming from WWOR's signal on 38. Movies! 5-2 is a new subchannel coming from WNYW on 44. As of now DirecTV's OTA listing still has 5-2 listed as coming from 38. It will be interesting to see how DirecTV handles this one since it isn't a simple change in programming like past OTA changes. The new lineup is this:
WNYW-DT (44)
5-1 WNYW
9-2 WWOR SD
5-2 Movies!

WWOR-DT (38)
9-1 WWOR
5-3 WNYW SD
9-3 Bounce TV
9-4 MundoFox (SD simulcast of WPXO-LD)

Tribune has yet to reflect any of the changes though.

EDIT: It appears they incorrectly changed the entry for what they call WNYWDT2/9.2 to have the listings for Movies!, a side effect of them assuming that a station won't have a custom mapping with a mix of different major and minor channels and thinking it's safe to just slap a DTX at the end of the call sign for each subchannel. It will probably be a while before they sort out their mess since now WWOR has two .3's and WNYW has two .2's

They had similar problems back when WLNY converted to digital only early. Instead of keeping the WLNY listing for cable and satellite listings, they deleted it entirely and used WLNYDT for everything. Which now has the side effect of DirecTV's SD listing for WLNY having HD tags.

Edited by KyL416, 30 May 2013 - 05:47 PM.

#571 OFFLINE   mnassour

mnassour

Icon

• Registered
  • 766 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

It's possible that if my local Fox station here is correct then Tribune has no info for ALL .2 streams that carry Movies!  With any luck, this will shortly change. 

Or....does anyone have listings for Movies!  ?

#572 ONLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,162 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:46 AM

Or....does anyone have listings for Movies!  ?

I do here in the NYC burbs. Not sure when it started, but I noticed it this morning.

Attached Thumbnails

• Movies!.jpg
  • Movies Info.jpg
  • Movies! 0531.jpg

/steve

#573 OFFLINE   mnassour

mnassour

Icon

• Registered
  • 766 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:04 AM

That's good news!  Maybe Tribune finallly picked it up.

#574 OFFLINE   TXD16

TXD16

Icon

• Registered
  • 806 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:32 PM

Houston DMA now airing COZI-TV channel on 57.5. Have already watched an episode of both Marcus Welby, M.D. and  Banacek---ah, the memories.

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand

#575 OFFLINE   dod1450

dod1450

Legend

• Registered
  • 187 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:44 PM

That's good news!  Maybe Tribune finallly picked it up.

I wish Directv would have all the channels listed. Here in the San Francisco Bay Area I am getting 93 OTA channels via my TV internal tuner.

• dphil9833 likes this

HDR-24
HDR-34
AM-21N
ATT uverse internet

Genie Go

PGP: AD5A 96DC 7556 A020 B8E7 0E4D 5D5E 9BA5 C83E 8C92

#576 OFFLINE   ricksterinps

ricksterinps

Mentor

• Registered
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:51 AM

Due to Channl Blackout in the Palm Springs, CA area, I hooked up the old AM21, but when the guide was downloaded, it has channel 42-2 listed as Fox (KDFX) & shows FOX programming in the guide, but it's actually the CBS (KPSP)channel and playing CBS programming.  FOX(KDFX) is broadcasted on OTA channel 42-4, which doesn't show up at all in the guide.

Zap2it.com and TitanTV, both show that 42-2 is CBS (KPSP) and 42-4 is Fox (KDFX).

Who should I contact about getting this fixed? Tribune appears to be correct, however D isn't pulling it correctly.  I emailed D and they sent back a reply that I needed to call them so that they could "effectively identify the cause of the error and completely resolve, we would need to have you on the phone while we troubleshoot."  Ugh.

#577 OFFLINE   lokar

lokar

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:28 PM

So will D* add a channel to the OTA DB if you bug them enough?  Here in the Boise, ID market, the only way to get the CW in HD is via OTA channel 35-1, which is not in D*'s list.  It is an odd situation as CW in SD is carried here on the CBS subchannel 2-2, which does show up in the D* guide and D* even carries it on satellite as channel 3.  I don't know why D* won't just let you get all the OTA channels in your area, if there is some guide issue, then don't have a guide and list the channel blankly but at least let people watch it.

#578 OFFLINE   ricksterinps

ricksterinps

Mentor

• Registered
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

Update for the Palm Springs, CA area.

I spoke to someone in technical support on Friday and they informed me that they were working on the issue and it should be resolved in 24-48 hours.  Is that Business Day hours, or normal hours.  I can't imagine that they stop working on Guide issues over the weekend.

Here is a problem and I'm hoping they catch it.  I sent them an email with these images as well as a link to them in case they don't get images via email.

HR22/100 with AM21 - Most recent software.

Off Air Edit Screen.  I noticed that both 15-1 and 42-1 are labeled KESQDT3. While 33-2 and 42-2 are labeled KESQDT4.  Would the labels be the thing messing this all up???

1.jpg

Only Channels I can see when I do Channels I Get, or in Favorites Setup.  No 15-1 or 33-2 shows up and I'm unable to manually enter those channels during regular broadcasting.

2.jpg

Listing from Zap2it.com

KDFX.png

and

KPSP.png

#579 OFFLINE   T40T

T40T

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:43 PM

I've spent over an hour looking for an answer to this on this forum and anywhere else I could look online.  I currently have 10 windows and tabs open on my computer looking into this at the moment.  If stations are listed for St. Louis on rabietears.info, does that mean they are in the DirecTV database?  If not, can someone tell me what is in the database for St. Louis?  I just want to know what channels are available OTA for STL with an AM21.   I am getting set up for receiver and SWM install next week, and I want to know if it would be worth me getting an antenna mounted on my roof when the installer is up there anyway, and worth me buying an AM21.  If I am confined to my locals already carried by DirecTV without OTA, there's no sense in me getting an antenna and AM21.   My wife and I would love to get PBS Kids and my wife would love Create.  Thanks for any help you can provide.

#580 OFFLINE   T40T

T40T

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:44 PM

I've spent over an hour looking for an answer to this on this forum and anywhere else I could look online.  I currently have 10 windows and tabs open on my computer looking into this at the moment.  If stations are listed for St. Louis on rabietears.info, does that mean they are in the DirecTV database?  If not, can someone tell me what is in the database for St. Louis?  I just want to know what channels are available OTA for STL with an AM21.   I am getting set up for receiver and SWM install next week, and I want to know if it would be worth me getting an antenna mounted on my roof when the installer is up there anyway, and worth me buying an AM21.  If I am confined to my locals already carried by DirecTV without OTA, there's no sense in me getting an antenna and AM21.   My wife and I would love to get PBS Kids and my wife would love Create.  Thanks for any help you can provide.

Not including over an hour searching yesterday, as well.

spam firewall