Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

OTA Channel Guide Issues

• Please log in to reply
647 replies to this topic

#626 OFFLINE   coconut13

coconut13

Legend

• Registered
  • 215 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 08:13 PM

Thanks.  I was only looking at the actual channel number (57-2) in the spreadsheet.  Let me give that a try.  Do you know if I have to double reboot to clear out the channels first?  I used a Colchester, VT zip (05439) to make the channel appear with a different guide.  

You might have to clear it. But I would run the zip first and check the results. In my setup, it will sometimes give me a second channel with the same number (57.2 in your case) and sometimes not. So run the zip first and if you don't have it, then clear the AM21 with a double reboot. Since you have a 57.2 channel already established, and your matching the RF34 channel number instead of the 57.2 channel it probably won't pick it up and you will have to do the double reboot clear.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#627 OFFLINE   jentu96

jentu96

• Registered
  • 6 posts
  • LocationGranger, IN

Posted 02 November 2014 - 08:38 PM

You might have to clear it. But I would run the zip first and check the results. In my setup, it will sometimes give me a second channel with the same number (57.2 in your case) and sometimes not. So run the zip first and if you don't have it, then clear the AM21 with a double reboot. Since you have a 57.2 channel already established, and your matching the RF34 channel number instead of the 57.2 channel it probably won't pick it up and you will have to do the double reboot clear.

I tried the new zip, but it just kept the old 57.2 channel. It didn't help to do the Reset Settings and go through initial setup again.  So now going through the double reboot.  

Can you explain how you figured out that "Johnstown carries METV on 6.2 RF34"?  Looking at the OTA tab of the spreadsheet, I see how the RF channel column matches.  The notes column only says it's an independent station.  

I don't have that much time remaining tonight, but I would like to experiment to find different alternative zip codes with matching guides for the 7-8 channels not recognized by my AM21.  Currently I just found those with matching digital channel number.  

#628 OFFLINE   jentu96

jentu96

• Registered
  • 6 posts
  • LocationGranger, IN

Posted 02 November 2014 - 08:49 PM

On a related note, the following channel numbers I pick up with my antenna via my TV channel scan do not appear on the OTA tab of TPN Map spreadsheet.  Also it shows 16-3, which currently is not broadcast here.  Is that scenario normal?  

25-2 THIS This TV 28-2 WSJV-SD Live Well 46-3 WHME-D3 Local 46-4 WHME-D4 Local 57-2 MeTV MeTV 57-3 Movies! Movies! 69-1 WMYS MyNetworkTV 69-2 TELMNDO Telemundo 69-3 TOUCH TouchVision

No biggie.  I found channel numbers in other markets to match.  And they aren't ones I watch (except the 57-2 mentioned earlier).  Since you've been helpful so far, I just thought I would provide info on what is broadcast in my market so the OTA tab of the TPN Map might be updated for the future.  

Edited by jentu96, 02 November 2014 - 08:53 PM.

#629 OFFLINE   coconut13

coconut13

Legend

• Registered
  • 215 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 09:04 PM

I tried the new zip, but it just kept the old 57.2 channel. It didn't help to do the Reset Settings and go through initial setup again.  So now going through the double reboot.  

Can you explain how you figured out that "Johnstown carries METV on 6.2 RF34"?  Looking at the OTA tab of the spreadsheet, I see how the RF channel column matches.  The notes column only says it's an independent station.  

I don't have that much time remaining tonight, but I would like to experiment to find different alternative zip codes with matching guides for the 7-8 channels not recognized by my AM21.  Currently I just found those with matching digital channel number.  

RabbitEars.info is one site with a lot of channel info. Or if you use Wikipedia to look up METV, ANTENNATV , etc. you can see all the affiliates with city, channel and RF channel number that they each carry. Let me know the channels, RF channels, and what each channel carries and I can help you.

• jentu96 likes this

#630 OFFLINE   jentu96

jentu96

• Registered
  • 6 posts
  • LocationGranger, IN

Posted 02 November 2014 - 09:22 PM

RabbitEars.info is one site with a lot of channel info. Or if you use Wikipedia to look up METV, ANTENNATV , etc. you can see all the affiliates with city, channel and RF channel number that they each carry. Let me know the channels, RF channels, and what each channel carries and I can help you.

I'll have to post that another night when I have more time to experiment again.  Thanks for all your help!  Btw...the Johnstown-Altoona PA (16601) seemed to work after the double reboot.  

#631 OFFLINE   coconut13

coconut13

Legend

• Registered
  • 215 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 10:01 PM

On a related note, the following channel numbers I pick up with my antenna via my TV channel scan do not appear on the OTA tab of TPN Map spreadsheet.  Also it shows 16-3, which currently is not broadcast here.  Is that scenario normal?  

25-2 THIS This TV 28-2 WSJV-SD Live Well 46-3 WHME-D3 Local 46-4 WHME-D4 Local 57-2 MeTV MeTV 57-3 Movies! Movies! 69-1 WMYS MyNetworkTV 69-2 TELMNDO Telemundo 69-3 TOUCH TouchVision

No biggie.  I found channel numbers in other markets to match.  And they aren't ones I watch (except the 57-2 mentioned earlier).  Since you've been helpful so far, I just thought I would provide info on what is broadcast in my market so the OTA tab of the TPN Map might be updated for the future.  

By looking at the situation. There is no way to match 25.2 to THIS for the correct guide, or 57.3 to MOVIES to get the correct guide. I would do this: Run South Bend and Altoona PA as your first set of zips to get 57.2 METV with the correct guide. Then run San Diego CA as your 2nd secondary zip. San Diego carries THIS on 69.3 and since you have a 69.3 channel the AM21 will pick up San Diego's 69.3 and put the THIS guide on that channel in your DVR. Then run Providence RI as your 3rd secondary zip. Prov. carries MOVIES on 28.2 and since you have a 28.2 channel the AM21 will pick up Prov. 28.2 and put the MOVIES guide on that channel in your DVR. This puts THIS and MOVIES guides into your DVR, albeit on the wrong channels. Then run whatever other zips you need to attain the channels you desire. This is the best you can do, and you just have to cross-reference a lot with the guides on the wrong channels.

Edited by coconut13, 02 November 2014 - 10:02 PM.

#632 OFFLINE   twiseguy

twiseguy

Legend

• Registered
  • 177 posts
  • LocationStow, Ohio

Posted 06 November 2014 - 05:01 PM

Wouldn`t it be nice if DTV just let the AM21 receive whatever it can in your DMA, like I was told when I bought mine.

Not this "Not in our (DTV) database" crap.

Any chance the new satellites will carry some of the sub channels?

• jentu96 likes this

#633 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 20,951 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 08 November 2014 - 12:39 PM

Any chance the new satellites will carry some of the sub channels?

Not much. If they were going to carry them, they would probably be located at 101W; most of them being SD.
Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#634 ONLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 18,077 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 08:45 PM

Not much. If they were going to carry them, they would probably be located at 101W; most of them being SD.

This doesn't make any sense. If they decided to carry some it'd likely be off the spot beams that have space which will be on the new and some of the older satelites at all locations. Not just one.

And I'll go further and say almost no chance of this happening any time soon. Id say when SD is shut off completely maybe we will see it. Till then I don't expect it.

#635 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 20,951 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 09 November 2014 - 11:57 AM

This doesn't make any sense. If they decided to carry some it'd likely be off the spot beams that have space which will be on the new and some of the older satelites at all locations. Not just one.[quote]Do you think DIRECTV and its SD customers will be okay with offering some SD subchannels only to HD subscribers?

If you think SD is going away within the next five years, I expect that you'll be proven delusional given the snail's pace that DIRECTV is moving in that direction.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#636 ONLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 18,077 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:45 PM

This doesn't make any sense. If they decided to carry some it'd likely be off the spot beams that have space which will be on the new and some of the older satelites at all locations. Not just one.[quote]Do you think DIRECTV and its SD customers will be okay with offering some SD subchannels only to HD subscribers?

If you think SD is going away within the next five years, I expect that you'll be proven delusional given the snail's pace that DIRECTV is moving in that direction.

I think you may be the one who is delusional if you think Directv will keep broadcasting two versions of the same channel forever, especially since they no longer have new sd customers... That is so anti productive in many ways...

#637 OFFLINE   toei

toei

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 02 February 2015 - 03:05 PM

somebody in miami? i just see a new channel 24.1 , its was 720x480 for few months but now switch to hd 1920x1080 , wdgt-ld, but they not show anything yet ''just coming soon''

Edited by toei, 02 February 2015 - 03:48 PM.

#638 OFFLINE   toei

toei

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 23 March 2015 - 03:49 PM

24.1 its now azteca america in hd!

#639 OFFLINE   bearmur

bearmur

Godfather

• Registered
  • 371 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 07:02 AM

Birmingham Al

Channel 33 VC 33.1 has changed call letters from wcft to wses. Channel 9 VC 40.1 has changed from wjsu to wgww. Channel 9 VC 40.2 is now ABC programing. ABC is still listed for 40.1 in directv guide. Programing for 33.1 and 40.1 is Heartland.

Edited by bearmur, 31 March 2015 - 07:03 AM.

Equipment:HR20-700, H24-100,H24-100,H21-200,HR20-700,SWIM Dish

#640 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,830 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:17 AM

Zap2it/Tribune has to update their data to reflect it, try sending an e-mail to listings@zap2it.com or contacting the stations directly.

#641 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 20,951 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 01 April 2015 - 08:11 AM

I think you may be the one who is delusional if you think Directv will keep broadcasting two versions of the same channel forever, especially since they no longer have new sd customers...

I didn't say forever -- I said five years. Given the lack of push that DIRECTV appears to be exerting that doesn't seem particularly far fetched.

It will only come faster if they push much harder than waiting on turnover.

#642 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 20,951 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 01 April 2015 - 08:12 AM

Zap2it/Tribune has to update their data to reflect it, try sending an e-mail to listings@zap2it.com or contacting the stations directly.

Of course one should first verify that the Tribune data is in error.

#643 OFFLINE   twiseguy

twiseguy

Legend

• Registered
  • 177 posts
  • LocationStow, Ohio

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:11 PM

WQHS 61-3 Cleveland is now available on the AM21 receiver.

But, there is a problem.

The listings shown are for WQHS 61.1 Univision (already carried by Direct TV sat.)

61.3 is actually GET TV.

Didn't` add 61.2 UniMas or 61.4 Escape TV 

Another sub-channel added to the list that DTV claims they are not adding to.

Still waiting (since 1-1-11) for Tribune owned WJW 8.2 Antenna TV to be added.

#644 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,830 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:21 PM

As of yesterday's import the only entry for that channel in the database is for 61-1 WQHSDT. What call sign is it showing next to the entry for 61-3? Since it's showing the listings for Univision, it might be a fluke since Tribune has the correct data for their subchannels. (i.e. if there's a problem with the station's PSIP data some tuners revert to using the PIDs which starts at 3.)

Also, Tribune owning WJW has NOTHING to do with what gets added, things get added if they have a Tribune ID lower than 65535 (0xffff), in programming it's the difference between changing the value of the field from a 16 bit integer to a 32 bit integer. It may sound trivial, but it makes a noticible difference if you have limited space in the data stream or the memory of the receivers where the data is stored, along with whatever function in the code accesses that value.

#645 OFFLINE   DBSSTEPHEN

DBSSTEPHEN

Legend

• Registered
  • 296 posts
  • LocationSALEM,MISSOURI 65560

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:15 PM

What zip codes can I use to pick up 49 - 2 and 49 - 3 in the Springfield Missouri market

#646 OFFLINE   coconut13

coconut13

Legend

• Registered
  • 215 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 10:39 PM

What zip codes can I use to pick up 49 - 2 and 49 - 3 in the Springfield Missouri market

You can run 3 different secondary zips to get 3 channels not in the database for Springfield, Missouri. 2 of them will even have the correct guide. Run Raleigh NC (27601) to get WRAZ 50.2 RF49. This will give you the correct METV guide on 49.2. Then run Miami FL (33101) to get WSFL 39.3 RF19. This will give you the correct ANTENNATV guide on 19.3. Then run Weslaco TX (78520). This will give you KNVO 48.3 RF49. You will have 49.3 with the wrong guide on that channel. So you can add 19.3, 49.2 and 49.3 by running these zip codes as secondary zip codes. Plus you will have the correct guide on 19.3 and 49.2. Run Raleigh first, or you won't have the correct guide on 49.2. Then run Miami, and run Weslaco last. There is no way to get the correct guide on 49.3.

Edited by coconut13, 02 April 2015 - 10:42 PM.

#647 OFFLINE   bearmur

bearmur

Godfather

• Registered
  • 371 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 05:06 PM

Thanks for the help. They have changed to guide data to reflect the programs. The call letters have not been changed but we can set recordings now.

• KyL416 likes this

#648 OFFLINE   bearmur

bearmur

Godfather

• Registered
  • 371 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:21 AM

Thanks for the help. They have changed to guide data to reflect the programs. The call letters have not been changed but we can set recordings now.

Call letters have been changed. All is fixed.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...