Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

24/7 HD RSN Discussion: FSN Midwest

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,878 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 09:46 PM

This is the discussion thread for the FSN Midwest RSN going full-time. Please log all issues, indulge in gleeful exhortations, and give your suggestions for more or better coverage!
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 36,878 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 04:10 AM

This has been confirmed active, 8/14
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#3 OFFLINE   mhayes70

mhayes70

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,224 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 08:13 AM

It is coming in great here!! I am ready to see tons of Blues hockey in HD this year.

#4 OFFLINE   B. Shoe

B. Shoe

Mentor

• Registered
  • 50 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 14 August 2008 - 10:30 AM

I'm excited that FSN Midwest is now a 24/7 HD channel, but can someone who has already had their RSN in 24/7 HD clue us in as to what HD programming (besides Cardinals and Blues broadcasts) we can expect? FSN Final Score wasn't in HD this morning (I don't know if this is produced in HD to begin with?) and based on the program guides, neither the Cardinals' pre-game or post-game shows will be in HD. I'm excited about the possiblity the full-time capability provides, and at base level I still get to watch my Cardinals in HD. But right now it seems to be a lot of steak with no sizzle.
DirecTV: Xtra / HBO / NFL Sunday Ticket / NBA League Pass
Samsung PN60F5300 60" Plasma HDTV (Component)
Sony BDP-S280 Blu-Ray Player (HDMI)
Google Chromecast Media Device (HDMI)

#5 OFFLINE   mhayes70

mhayes70

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,224 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 02:25 PM

I think that is about it right now. I am pretty sure that only some games are in HD for right now.

#6 OFFLINE   dorfmunder

dorfmunder

Pick 'em off, Yadi!

• Registered
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 05:12 PM

I have a question. My SL is set up as follows "CARDINALS CCHAN 647 & SHOW TYPES, LIVE" because I didn't want to record the repeat games. Worked alright for the most part, would usually record it on both 647 & 647-1, but I'd just cancel the non-HD broadcast if there was an HD one.

Now, I'd really like it to just record everything on the new FSNMWHD channel from now on. But it's still wanting to record it twice, on both the SD channel & the HD one. Is there any way I can set up a SL to achieve this? The HD channel doesn't have HD as part of the info, so pointing to HD in the search doesn't help. I also tried to do "CARDINALS CCHAN FSNMWHD" but (not surprisingly) it didn't work.

I'd love to not have to babysit this SL so much. :P
- Melanie, a chick who enjoys the finer things: baseball, geeky gadgets, my v-dub, yarn, & coffee.

My Setup

#7 OFFLINE   jazzyd971fm

jazzyd971fm

Godfather

• Registered
  • 363 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 10:39 PM

It is coming in great here!! I am ready to see tons of Blues hockey in HD this year.

Yeah, at least half of the games in HD :D & Mizzou Football !!!!!!

Next year maybe all Cardinals games in HD ;)

5 LNB Slimline>HR24-500>Sony KDS 50 A 2020>HDMI
Sony DAV-DX255 Component
Samsung DVD/VCR-VR320

PS4>HDMI
PS3>Component
Xbox 360>Component
Total Choice Plus/HD Access/NFL ST Max
HBO/Showtime/Starz/Sports Pack
DBSTalk App Thru Samsung Galaxy S 4

#8 OFFLINE   jazzyd971fm

jazzyd971fm

Godfather

• Registered
  • 363 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 10:55 PM

I have a question. My SL is set up as follows "CARDINALS CCHAN 647 & SHOW TYPES, LIVE" because I didn't want to record the repeat games. Worked alright for the most part, would usually record it on both 647 & 647-1, but I'd just cancel the non-HD broadcast if there was an HD one.

Now, I'd really like it to just record everything on the new FSNMWHD channel from now on. But it's still wanting to record it twice, on both the SD channel & the HD one. Is there any way I can set up a SL to achieve this? The HD channel doesn't have HD as part of the info, so pointing to HD in the search doesn't help. I also tried to do "CARDINALS CCHAN FSNMWHD" but (not surprisingly) it didn't work.

I'd love to not have to babysit this SL so much. :P

You may want to give a couple of days for the guide to adjust to the changes. If that doesn't work, you may have to schedule the games manually or reset the SL for the new channel only. Hope that helps :)

Sony DAV-DX255 Component
Samsung DVD/VCR-VR320

PS4>HDMI
PS3>Component
Xbox 360>Component

#9 OFFLINE   jazzyd971fm

jazzyd971fm

Godfather

• Registered
  • 363 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:02 PM

I'm excited that FSN Midwest is now a 24/7 HD channel, but can someone who has already had their RSN in 24/7 HD clue us in as to what HD programming (besides Cardinals and Blues broadcasts) we can expect? FSN Final Score wasn't in HD this morning (I don't know if this is produced in HD to begin with?) and based on the program guides, neither the Cardinals' pre-game or post-game shows will be in HD. I'm excited about the possiblity the full-time capability provides, and at base level I still get to watch my Cardinals in HD. But right now it seems to be a lot of steak with no sizzle.

Hopefully as the RSN's go 24/7 FSN will ramp up more HD programming (FSN Final Score & others):) But it is cool :cool: that we have the channel 24/7 now :D

Sony DAV-DX255 Component
Samsung DVD/VCR-VR320

PS4>HDMI
PS3>Component
Xbox 360>Component

Protected By... spam firewall...And...