Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

24/7 HD RSN Discussion: Sun Sports

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,822 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 09:50 PM

This is the discussion thread for the Sun Sports RSN going full-time. Please log all issues, indulge in gleeful exhortations, and give your suggestions for more or better coverage!
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 36,822 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 04:11 AM

This has been confirmed active, 8/14

#3 OFFLINE   Tom Servo

Tom Servo

Icon

• Registered
  • 945 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 04:48 AM

Nothing in HD yet, nor anything listed as HD in the guide for the rest of the day, but at least it's not stretch-o-vision.

The baseball score program actually looked good for 4:3 SD.

#4 OFFLINE   b00stedeg

b00stedeg

Legend

• Registered
  • 108 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 09:00 AM

Does anyone know why FSN FL wasnt added as a 24/7 hd channel today also? I thought it was supposed to be. Until basketball season FSN FL is really the only fl sports channel with hd content

#5 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 36,822 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 10:35 AM

FSN Florida will come along when DIRECTV is ready for it. They just aren't yet. The early list said it would be there, but you know... it is what it is.

#6 OFFLINE   d max82

d max82

Godfather

• Registered
  • 306 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 10:36 AM

Does anyone know why FSN FL wasnt added as a 24/7 hd channel today also? I thought it was supposed to be. Until basketball season FSN FL is really the only fl sports channel with hd content

It was listed as one of the ones as a roll out today, but I mentioned in another thread that I currently recieve FSN Florida HD fulltime through Comcast cable, and with the exception of about an hour prior to an HD game and about an hour afterwards its just an FSN Florida HD screen saver, so I dont actually think this channel is broadcasting "fulltime" in HD yet.

#7 OFFLINE   b00stedeg

b00stedeg

Legend

• Registered
  • 108 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:46 AM

It was listed as one of the ones as a roll out today, but I mentioned in another thread that I currently recieve FSN Florida HD fulltime through Comcast cable, and with the exception of about an hour prior to an HD game and about an hour afterwards its just an FSN Florida HD screen saver, so I dont actually think this channel is broadcasting "fulltime" in HD yet.

Yes, but with a lot of the Rays games not being broadcast in HD, I'd love to have them upconverted on an hd feed which isn't available to us right now because its a game only channel. Sun Sports on the other hand has no pro sports at all until basketball/hockey season with the exception of a few marlins games here and there.

#8 OFFLINE   flipper2006

flipper2006

Godfather

• Registered
  • 300 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 05:05 PM

Yes, but with a lot of the Rays games not being broadcast in HD, I'd love to have them upconverted on an hd feed which isn't available to us right now because its a game only channel. Sun Sports on the other hand has no pro sports at all until basketball/hockey season with the exception of a few marlins games here and there.

This means the HEAT games will be HD (when in). but more importantly.. when the event ends, you dont need to run to change the channel to prevent any kind of screen burn (with the white/blue logo screen) after the games end.
[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]HR20-700 / Wireless Bridge Network using Netgear HD Wireless Adapter - eSATA Seagate 750g drive to TOC Samsung 7 series HDMI LCD - Harmony ONE Remote - Optical connections back to Yamaha receiver

HR20-700 / Wireless Gaming Adapter - eSATA Western Digital GP 1TB drive - Sony HDMI LCD

Slimline 5LNB with WB68 Switch

spam firewall