Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

MPEG2 -> MPEG4 Transition Discussion: TNT HD

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 01:46 AM

What was wrong with TNT during the Closer tonight? There were a bunch of static/glitches at the start of the show. Then the stream broke up completely for about 10 seconds. It appears to be an MPEG 4 issue, my HD-Tivo recorded the MPEG 2 stream without glitches.

Same issue here!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Eagle Shadow

Eagle Shadow

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 03:48 AM

I had "The Closer " on my "To Do List" and expected it to record on 8/4/2008 on Channel 75 (HD) at 7:00 PM MST on my HR-21. Sometime after 7:00 PM I noticed that the record light was on indicating that the recording was supposed to be in progress. Later in the evening I went to my TV to watch the program. Pressing "List" to display the "list of recorded programs", the list inicated that "The Closer" had recorded successfully.

Much to my surprise when I pressed "Select" to watch the show the display went to "Do you want to delete or keep this recording? option." The space available on the harddrive was 99% which made me think that the recording was never started or completed. At this point it was obvious that the recording had failed. A reboot did not clear up the problem. After reboot the phantom recording was not in the "List". Everything else seemed to check out fine. Another poster indicated that they had encountered glitches in the first few minutes of the "Closer" on channel 75.

Was this a system anomaly or something else? Is this a known problem?

#23 OFFLINE   Kat22

Kat22

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 02:30 PM

I am also having issues with recording on TNThd 245. Specifically The Closer and Saving Grace. When I select to watch the recorded version I have nothing but a gray screen. But, I can watch it live just fine. So last night I had to sit through 2 hours of commercials just to watch The Closer and Saving Grace. I have not tried any other shows on this station recently so I dont know if its just those two shows or the entire station. I had previously tried to record them on TNThd 75 and when I hit the play button all I got was the Keep or Delete? message. Anyone have any ideas as to what's up with this?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...