Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

MPEG2 -> MPEG4 Transition Discussion: HDNet

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   rlarsen462

rlarsen462

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 08:19 PM

Not surprisingly, reauthorizing didn't help. :(

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,041 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 07:51 AM

I think unfortunately you're going to have to call up again, and ask to escalate as this is your Xth time calling. Let them know you've already reauthorized, your signal strengths are good, you subscribe to HD Extra, you have All Channels selected and can tune to the channels, but when you get there these two channels report 771 error.

I don't know if anyone else here has any other suggestions...

#63 OFFLINE   ChrisPC

ChrisPC

Godfather

• Registered
  • 437 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 08:36 AM

Very pleased with the PQ on the MPEG4 channel ( 306 ),it looks great. :)

I recorded the test pattern yesterday and it's full resolution, as far as I can tell.

#64 OFFLINE   Taltizer

Taltizer

Legend

• Registered
  • 189 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 08:45 AM

Not surprisingly, reauthorizing didn't help. :(

I had this same problem some months ago with the 771s someone had suggested to go thru setup again and when you get to the part about what dish you have make sure to tell it a 5 lnb dish and after mine all 3 hr20 after i did this i have no had this problem in months.I hope this might help with your problem and sometimes it resets your channels you should get better than trying to reauthorizing them again.

#65 OFFLINE   grizbear

grizbear

AllStar

• Registered
  • 91 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 10:23 AM

Once again, make sure 306 and 552 are added to your favorites...had same problem till I woke up...

#66 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 10:25 AM

I was wondering if anyone can help me. I think I'm getting fed a line of crap from DirecTV with regard to HDN and HDNM (306 and 552 in MPEG4).

Basically, I can't get either one, I get a 771 error, even though I receive the MPEG2 versions in the 70's just fine.

306 and 552 appear to be the only stations I don't receive right now. The first time I called DirecTV about a week ago they said it was a problem on their end and that they would escalate it and it should be fixed in a day or so. A week later, still not fixed, I call back. After waiting an HOUR, I finally get a guy that puts me on hold another 15 minutes only to tell me 306 and 552 are "alternate" channels and that as long as I get the ones in the 70's I'm still getting the channels. I try to educate him that MPEG4 and MPEG2 are not the same, and that I'm paying for all the channels I should get the MPEG4 feeds. He basically blows me off (the guy was a moron).

First, can anyone explain why the only stations I'm not getting would be the MPEG4 versions of HDNet and HDNet Movies (like I said, I get the MPEG2 versions of those channels just fine)? Secondly, why is DirecTV essentially lying to me about this problem? If the problems NOT on my end, how can I get this fixed with customer service that doesn't even know what's going on?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Can you see channel 480...what does it say on channel 480

#67 OFFLINE   Castlebill

Castlebill

Legend

• Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:51 AM

I am getting daily, for sometimes an hour or more, total pixillation and picture loss on the mirrored MPEG-4 channels, then they come back fine. I get it on 206, then check 209, 552, 245 and they are all the same. Don't see anyone else mentioning the problem. Is it me?
HR21-200 HDMI to 50" Panasonic Plasma
HR20-700 to 50" Panasonic Plasma
HR21-700 to 26" Vizio
HR21-100 to 50" Panasonic Plasma and 2 SD sets
HR22-100 to 50" Panny and SD set
Slimline with Zinwell WB616

#68 OFFLINE   Curtis0620

Curtis0620

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:58 AM

What's your signal strength on 99©?

#69 OFFLINE   Castlebill

Castlebill

Legend

• Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:39 PM

From 85 to 95 - should be good enough. I'll have to check when it goes bad.
HR21-200 HDMI to 50" Panasonic Plasma
HR20-700 to 50" Panasonic Plasma
HR21-700 to 26" Vizio
HR21-100 to 50" Panasonic Plasma and 2 SD sets
HR22-100 to 50" Panny and SD set
Slimline with Zinwell WB616

#70 OFFLINE   rlarsen462

rlarsen462

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 07:21 PM

Once again, make sure 306 and 552 are added to your favorites...had same problem till I woke up...

Wait a minute, they're in the guide, why would I have to add them to favorites to get them to work?

EDIT: Just got off the phone with another, more helpful (sort of) CSR. Insists it's on my end (I have a reasonably long cable run from the dish with 2 male-male connector's in each line to the receiver plus the B-band things). Insists I need to spend money on an amplifier (why the hell this isn't included in the supposedly free install that still hasn't worked right, I don't know). Can't get a tech out for 3 weeks. Why would every station come in just fine, but I need to to put $40 amplifier's on the line just to get two MPEG4 stations whose MPEG2 equivalents come in just fine?

I knew, KNEW I should've listened to my instincts and avoided satellite like the plague.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...